| This article or section is a Cataclysm stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
The Ruins of Vashj'ir[35, 78] are the ancient highborne ruins of the once-majestic city of Vashj'ir. It is the current stronghold of the naga within Vashj'ir. Located southwest of Nespirah in the Shimmering Expanse, the vast ruins are divided into three tiers:
- The first tier contains various satellite ruins such as Quel'Dormir Gardens.
- The second tier is Nar'shola Terrace.
- The last and final tier consists of Quel'Dormir Terrace and Quel'Dormir Temple.
- Located to the east across a collapsed bridge called The Severed Span is Biel'aran Ridge. Many of the highborne ruins in Biel'aran Ridge are an extension of the Ruins of Vashj'ir.
According to a chain of flashbacks beginning with  , Varkul the Unrelenting leads a huge army and claimed the then abandoned Ruins of Vashj'ir. Both he and his kvaldir were defeated by an army of naga lead by Lady Naz'jar and Fathom-Lord Zin'jatar.
See individual subzones for inhabitants particular to those locations.
- Hub [33.1, 67.8] (phased)
- Hub [39.6, 53.9] (phased)
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.