|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.|
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and may not need to remain under any other categories.
Rune of Portals was a reagent used by mages to create portals to major cities.
Compare [Rune of Teleportation] which was used to teleport the mage alone to one of the major cities.
- Stacks in lots of 20 each. (Before Patch 2.3.0, they stacked in lots of 10.)
- Any class may purchase and hold these, however they can only be used by mages.
- When the mage finishes casting the portal spell, one Rune of Portals is consumed, and the portal is opened.
- To go through the portal, players in the caster's party or raid right click on the portal.
Rune of Portals are sold by reagent vendors.
The cost of these runes may be discounted, depending on the reputation held with the vendor's faction. At honored reputation the cost for each is 18.
Patch changes Edit
Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): No longer needed for portals. Reduced to poor quality as vendor trash.