- Saronite Bomb
- Item Level
- Requires Engineering (350)
- Use: Inflicts 1150 to 1500 Fire damage to targets in a 5 yard radius. This explosive is powerful enough to cause moderate siege damage. (1 Min Cooldown)
- Sell Price: 22 50
- Does 150 siege damage to buildings and walls that can be damaged in Wintergrasp.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): This item will no longer cause threat against nearby targets just outside the targeting circle.
While it inflicts fire damage in a 5 yard radius, the targeting indicator is actually a 10 yard radius. It had been noted that mobs outside the 5 yard radius (but within the 10 yard targeting indicator distance) would be affected by the explosion animation and aggro, but would not actually take damage. (Not "zero damage", but "not be affected by the explosion".) Presumably this patch removes that effect. It may also have expanded the damage radius to 10 yards (without correcting the tooltip).
- Patch 3.1.3 (2009-06-02): Siege damage reduced from 500 to 150.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): recipe now creates a lot more bombs for the same material cost. While this breakthrough was discovered by goblins, all engineers can take advantage of it.
previously for the same cost, this recipe produced 2-4 bombs.