"Sea witch" is the informal term for a naga priestess of the tides. The Naga Sea Witch was a mystical naga Hero, adept at ranged combat in Warcraft III. These scaly denizens of the ocean have often been associated with the coming of prodigious storms, but few have actually seen them rise from the sea and lived to tell the tale.
There was also a banshee naga known as Sea Witch who had enslaved the murlocs of the Darkspear islands. She was worshipped as a deity by the murlocs who were living on the island in which Thrall was forced to land to make repairs to his ships during the journey to Kalimdor. However, in the cataclysm expansion for World of Warcraft, Zar'jira returns to harass the Darkspear Tribe as they set up their new home in the Echo Isles. She uses the model for naga Sea Witches, but summons manifestations of herself that take the form of banshees. So the witch defeated by Thrall was either one of these minions, acting on behalf of her master, or was merely due to the fact that Naga models (first seen in the WCIII expansion) were not created until after this campaign was released. However, quest text from Vol'jin makes it clear that this is the same witch they fought before, which makes it unlikely that they were simply warring with a summoned minion, especially when a Shaman as strong as Thrall had difficulty in the battle.
While naga sea witches are better with their marksmanship kills, they are also capable of magic, powerful enough to cast tornadoes on its enemies or powerful lightning storms.
Notable naga sea witchesEdit
- Lady Vashj (the most popular and posseses highest name recognition)
- Lady Naz'jar (implied to be the most powerful, as she was able to fight Neptulon to a standstill in a magical duel)
- Lady La-La (she is a parody of Lady Gaga)
- Lady Serpentra (fought against the night elves in Balancing the Scales and The Ruins of Dalaran)
- Lady Darkscale (physically largest of all known Sea Witches, fought against Chen Stormstout, Rexxar, Misha, Rokhan, and Jaina Proudmoore in the Coastal Base)
- Lady Venomtounge
- Anna Kondra
- Serena Scarscale (fought against the night elves and undead in Wrath of the Betrayer)
- Scilla Murkshadow (served under Lady Darkscale)
- Ursula Snakemane
- Venna Seastorm
- Asprah Serpus
- 825 HP
- 645 MP
- 45 - 51 hero ranged damage
- 4 hero armor
- 29 Strength
- 21 Agility
- 43 Intelligence Primary Attribute
- Forked Lightning (multiple target damage)
- Frost Arrows (additional damage and slows target)
- Mana Shield (attackers damage mana instead of HP)
- Tornado (summons a tornado which damages buildings and may decapitate enemies)
- Obviously derived from the Gorgons of Greek mythology. Medusa being the most famous.