- Looting the object has one of two results:
- Places one of four books in your inventory, which, when used, grant certain buffs for 60 minutes. The books disappear when you leave Karazhan (and you of course lose the buff when you die).
- Inflicts one of five debuffs.
Books (buffs) Edit
Only one book effect can be active on one player at the same time.
There are a bunch of them on a ledge right underneath the entrance (Private Library Door) to the Shade of Aran room.
Possible buff books:
- Torment of the Worgen - Chance to deal 85 additional shadow damage on ranged or melee attacks. Periodically turns you into a worgen.
- Wrath of the Titans - Chance to deal additional damage on harmfull spells.
- Redemption of the Fallen - Chance to summon a ghostly ally on healing spells.
- Legacy of the Mountain King - Chance to increase your armor by 8000 and all magic resistances by 100 when struck in combat. Can stack.
Currently there is a bug with looting books that you have already in your inventory. The object appears as empty and then vanishes. A workaround is to let only people without any book loot the book objects, as the book items are tradeable.
All five debuffs are called "Curse of the Tampered Tome," but each is of a different debuff type and each affects a different stat.