Bobbing For Epics (BFE), is a raiding team on the Doomhammer server. The team is relatively small (about 50 players), and consists of members of many different guilds (or none at all). All team members were invited to the team based on their individual ability, maturity, and personality. Members of BFE are expected to be team players, and put the needs and overall goals of the team above their own personal greed. Much like the core PvP teams, the BFE Raid Team raids with the same small group of people over and over again and has formed a strong, cohesive group. The goal of this core group is to conquer high end game content such as Onyxia, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, and the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.
In addition to a strong desire to conquer high end content, the leaders of BFE also want to have fun playing the game. BFE understands that different people like to play their characters in different ways, and may have different, even non-standard equipment goals for their characters. As such, BFE will never ask a player to respec their characters. Also, BFE places no restrictions on what classes may bid on specific pieces of equipment. BFE does ask its members to show courtesy to other members, and only bid on items that they will actually use. Also, bidding up the price on an item just for the sake of making someone else pay more is very strongly frowned upon, and goes against the spirit of team play. Repeated abuse of BFE's relaxed loot policy can result in removal from the team.
BFE currently raids three nights per week, for approximately four hours each night. Raid times are 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM (server time).
- Friday/Saturday (alternating weeks)
Joining The BFE Raid TeamEdit
Members are added to the team by invite only. The best way to get recognized (and potentially invited) is to /join the 'bfe' chat channel. Hang out in there and join pickup groups on off nights. On off nights members of BFE regularly raid Zul'Gurub and the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, and often invite guests to join. Get in on those groups and show the team what you've got. Also, on official raid nights, if the raid group does not receive a full turnout, guests are often invited to join in the 40 man instances. Guests are expected to have all of the qualities of members and will be held to the same high standards.
Here is a list of things to do if you want to be considered for membership:
- Register on the BFE Website
- Stay in the bfe channel at all times
- Show eagerness to help out the team
- Be prepared for all raids
- Don't get upset if there isn't room for you on a raid
- Work on your resists, especially Fire and Nature
- When guest invites are called for, answer with the appropriate information!
- BFE Raid progress can be found in the Server:Doomhammer US/Guild Progression article.
- The BFE website is located at http://www.bferaid.org
- Pulling a Rorkin - This is when you aggro the giants in MC after stating in raid chat, "Don't Aggro the Giants"
- Clank Clank - See "Pulling a Rorkin";
- Loot the friggin dog! - This phrase can be heard both on BFE Ventrilo by Microsoft Sam himself and repeated many times in the BFE chat channel. We are currently researching ways that Core Hounds might be able to loot themselves.