Frostmane History and Attitude Edit
Welcome to Frostmane! PvP happens here, as suggested at the server selection screen if you've created a character here. In the words of Blizzard, the server is meant to "have the added element of perpetual faction vs. faction combat... [In] the various regions of the world ... combat is possible at any time... You are in a constant state of war against the other faction. It is harder to fight monsters and to complete some quests... Thus, the PvE game can be more difficult... You may be attacked by other players everywhere at any time."
Therefore, it is entirely expected and reasonable that you will be attacked by the opposing faction players
- that outnumber you, outlevel you, and/or outgear you.
- while engaged in combat with a non-player character.
- while you are trying to complete quests.
- while you are AFK.
- while you are fishing/mining/crafting/picking flowers.
- repeatedly over the course of your playtime.
- immediately after you resurrect.
In the event that you run into a player that is repeatedly giving you trouble, the options available to you include...
- calling for assistance.
- avoiding the area that you are being killed in.
- logging onto an alternative character, or out of the game completely, temporarily.
- ignoring the problem, expecting the other player to get bored or need to leave.
See Frostmane's PvP Hotspots section for a list of places to consider avoiding.
See Blizzard's guide, Surviving PvP, for additional advice.
For the most part, the Frostmane community is hostile toward players that are unfamiliar with the expectations of a PvP server, or players that lack understanding regarding battlegrounds and the nature of the server. Do not
- post on our boards expressing dissatisfaction with a PvP-related occurrence.
- post on our boards gloating over a PvP-related occurrence.
- post on our boards regarding battleground-related occurrences, especially if you belong to another server in our battlegroup, and even more especially if you think you went up against a Frostmane pre-made group.
- post remarks in regard to the amount of skill (or lack thereof) required in world PvP or battleground objectives.
- express dissatisfaction with a PvP-related occurrence over public in-game channels.
Basically, once you cease your tears/gloating, we'll all get along fine.
"The above is expected to be ignored since they are merely guidlines." ~~ Jestor