| Battlegroup »|
Bloodlust (US) »
Frostmourne, named after the sword which corrupted Arthas, is an Oceanic realm that was also the first Oceanic PVP Realm to be opened in on 22 October 2005. It is filled with a number of excellent guilds and players who have made a name for themselves and Frostmourne in both PvP and PvE combat, as well as giving birth to some of the best forum trolls.
Transfers - Transfers to Frostmourne are OPEN
(Peak) Queue Times - As of 21/12/2010, there is a 1000+ queue every night, starting from 3pm.
Time Zone - AEST[During Winter] & AEDT[During Summer] (For those who don't know, they mean Australian Eastern Standard/Daylight Time) GMT+10 and GMT+11 hours respectively.
End Game status (Overall) - The majority of guilds on this server have completed both the normal and heroic modes for 10 man and 25 man Dragon Soul Raids. These days guilds re-run Dragon Soul for gear or loot for achievement runs and also re-running Firelands for the similar reasons.
Population - Mainly Australasian, consisting of Australians, New Zealanders, Singaporeans, Malaysians, HK, Japanese, Indian, with some Americans. This is mainly because of the Time Zone.
Welcome to PvP, Son
As you may or may not be aware, Frostmourne is a PvP server, which means:
- You can, and will, be killed by the opposing faction once or more during your playtime
- Your questing can, and most likely will, be interrupted by opposing faction players
- You can, and will, be killed by an opposing faction player while you are killing a mob, picking an herb, mining a deposit, fishing at a lake, or running through the forest
- Players of higher levels can, and will, kill you. They will do this repeatedly; they will not tire of killing you if you allow them to do so. If you return to your corpse while opposing faction players are still in the area, expect to be killed again. And again.
- There is no such thing as ganking or griefing on a PvP server. In the words of Blizzard:
The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply on the PvP server when there is a PvP resolution available. Characters have the ability to deal with their conflicts through combat. Actions that would typically be considered dishonorable actions such as, but not limited to; corpse camping, graveyard camping, or instance zone camping are considered PvP mechanics and are not considered harassment.
If you are having problems with players of an opposing faction you may do 1 of 6 things:
- Call for reinforcement and remove them
- Leave the area and quest in another location
- Attempt to rez over and over until they tire of killing you (not recommended)
- Log out of the game and go do something else. Return to the game after some time has passed and resume questing/hunting
- Log out of the game and play an Alt who is in a different area
- Leave the PvP server all-together and play on a PvE server
It is not the intent to be insensitive to the plight of those who are killed repeatedly when questing or hunting. It can be extremely frustrating. However, please keep in mind that existence on this server is entirely optional and all disputes with opposing faction members should be resolved through combat, not on the boards.
Remember, this is a war between factions. And War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell