Reckoning (EN) »
Khadgar has a generally good community atmosphere which has improved since pre-Burning Crusade where world boss attempts were often interrupted by rival guilds while other various pieces of guild vs guild drama affected the server. After a number of the guilds and players responsible for this transfered to other servers, Khadgar's population dropped from "Full" to "Medium" and even for a short time to "Recommended" before stabilising again. Relationships between guilds have, at least in public, for the most part greatly improved. While the loss of some players and guilds took a lot out of Khadgar's raiding scene early in The Burning Crusade, those that stayed have rebuilt on much stronger foundations and have numerous guilds who cleared Black Temple prior to the release of Sunwell, where as no pre-TBC guilds were able to accomplish anything comparable.
Before the Burning Crusade expansion was released, Phantas Magoria was the most well progressed guild on the server. All but one server first from Venoxis in Zul' Gurub up to Loatheb in Naxxramas was accomplished by them. Some other guilds made good progress in end game content, Bloodlust Enthroned (Alliance), Bovine Intervention (Horde), Everfrost (Alliance) and Neurosis (Alliance) all getting kills in Naxxramas. Bovine Intervention also made significant progress obtaining all the Horde first kills apart from Kurinnaxx.
In the first few months after the release of The Burning Crusade, Bovine Intervention (Horde) and Bloodlust Enthroned (Alliance) lead the way in progress with Bloodlust Enthroned taking the server first for most of clearing Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker. Everfrost, eXperience and Notorious also cleared Gruul's Lair shortly after and made good early progress. Before long Notorious and Everfrost both disbanded. Early in The Burning Crusade the Alliance side of Khadgar was plagued by guilds disbanding and reforming, this and a number of high profile guilds and players transferring to other servers severely affected early raid progress in The Burning Crusade.
Khadgar's PvP community is not particularly well established, with no large guilds as such dedicated entirely to 'hardcore' PvP, with any particularly memorable guilds long gone and disbanded. After the change in the honor system in patch 2.0 more guilds have taken to Battlegrounds and PvP both casual and full time. With the opening of the PvE to PvP realm transfers, nearly all of Khadgar's top arena players have x-realmed, a large group in particular going to Stormscale EU.
Between major content patches 2.1 and 2.3, life was breathed back into Khadgar's raiding guilds with four guilds defeating Vashj and Kael'thas thus entering Tier 6 content. Bovine Intervention went as far as clearing both Hyjal and The Black Temple with eXperience clearing Hyjal and making excellent progress in The Black Temple. Covenant (Alliance) and Karma (Horde) both achieved kills of Kael'thas (pre-nerf) and since the 2.3 Kael'thas nerf a number other guilds have too, among them Eminence (Horde), Iron Brew (Alliance), Nova (Alliance) and Xeon (Alliance). Bovine Intervention's ability to clear all current TBC raid content was a first on Khadgar and led to many players, both Horde and Alliance, expressing their congratulations to Bovine for their hard work and effort in doing so. eXperience (Alliance), Covenant (Alliance) and Karma (Horde) also all managed to clear Black Temple prior to the release of 2.4 and Sunwell Plateau, sadly Bovine Intervention disbanded before 2.4 launched but are reforming for Wrath of the Lich King.
As The Burning Crusade comes to a close the Alliance guild eXperience managed to fully clear Sunwell Plateau before the patch 3.0 nerf. Many other guilds made good progress in Sunwell, Covenant and Xeon both downing Twins on the alliance side and the all Finnish Horde guild, Karma killed upto Twins. Post-patch, several guilds have entered Sunwell and started to make progress there with Covenant and Karma continuing their excellent pre-patch progress and clearing the instance.
The official forums are at Khadgar forum.
- A Few Good Men
- The Avengers
- The Demon Slayers (The Avengers' Sister Guild)
- Draconi Minors
- Home of the Ghost Lords
- Iron Brew
- Original Sin
- Orions Horde
- Paradise Lost
- Purity of the Unforgiven
- Reckless Hedgehogs - moved to Azuregos (ru)
- Simple Pleasures
- Tuatha De Danann
- Guardians of Poland
- Bovine Intervention
- Calamitous Intent
- Chaotic Tribe
- Comic Culture
- Death RePackaged
- Diabolos Inferi
- Forsaken Ascendancy
- GoGoGos Supercrew
- Little Guild Of Horrors
- Monty Pythons Circus
- Egnarol - Formerly a tauren shaman known as Lorange, he was widely regarded as one of the best horde PvPers of the time pre TBC. Liked by many on both Horde and Alliance and now a respected, skilled Orc Warlock player leading the top guild on Khadgar - Bovine Intervention.
- Evenstar - Guild Master of Phantas Magoria. Opened the Ahn'Qiraj gates, obtaining the Scarab Lord title. This character still exists, but is stripped of all his gear, and Evenstar has re-rolled along with a portion of Phantas Magoria to Hellfire.
- Nessus - First player on server to get a Warglaive of Azzinoth (off hand).
- Nocturna - Guild Master of Bloodlust Enthroned. First person on Khadgar to get Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. Has now rerolled Warlock, and has transfered to another server.
- Vrath - First person to get Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. Stopped playing Febuary 2007, started playing again in may 2008 under the name Vrathx.
- Steve - Created the famous "Hi Im steve" thread in the EU Priest forum.
- Sickle - Known for vigilantly protecting the trade chat.