|Elte||Scarlet Crusade US||Priest||70||The Murder of Crows||Ravager|
Character's Full name: Ravager Elte Shadowsoul.
Age: 25 at her rebirth into the Undead.
Professions: Grand Master Skinner, Master Tailor.
Secondary Skills: Journeyman Cook, Artisan First Aid, Expert Fisherman, Journeyman Rider.
Position in society: Respected, though somewhat forgotten member of the Horde.
Face/Heel: Appreciates some attention, but prefers to sit on the fringe.
Current Home: The Undercity.
Physical Description: Elte has dark, shoulder-length hair, pale skin, and glowing eyes. Her benign appearance masks well her evil intentions and horrifying power.
Role-playing weight class: Heavy.
Role-playing status: Almost always IC.
In Character Strengths: Observant, quick-witted.
In Character Weaknesses: Suspicious, lackadaisical.
Passionate About The War?: Sometimes, though you cannot be passionate about much when you are lost in the nether.
PvP preference (do it a lot?): With a group, yes.
A typical quote from Elte: "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
Leveling speed: Slow at the moment.
Weekly on-line schedule:
- Elte is a very intense Priestess. She is respectful, mild-mannered, and serving. If you show Elte respect and friendship, she will respond most favorably. Offerings of small gifts or deeds go far with Elte. Those who gain her trust and remain in her favor go far, resulting in her services and protection. If an enemy chooses to insult or disrespect her, Elte will see to their slow and painful torture. Elte is very protective of the leadership of The Murder of Crows, and deems any insult towards the leadership an act of war.
Goals and MotivationsEdit
- None. Elte feels no need to remove herself from her chambers at the moment. Some think she has delved too far into the art of prophecy, and cannot be awakened.
- Elte grew up in the city of Stormwind during the time of the plague. At a young age she developed healing skills that cured many of those with the plague, including a rich patron of the city. This patron sent for a Holy Priest, named Xanaph, who recognized her skills and began to teach her the ways of the Holy Priests.
- After learning nearly all she could from the apprentice Xanaph, she noticed that he was slowly turning into another person, someone with a dark aura about him. The first time she asked him about this darkness, he shrugged it away and said he wasn't feeling well. After several weeks, the evilness seemed to persist and grow more intense, so she confronted him again. Xanaph tried to leave the room, but Elte blocked the door. She persisted to know what was causing his distempor. After looking into her young eyes, Xanaph finally agreed, and took her to a part of the city she had never seen before.
- After making her swear to secrecy, he led her far into a corner of a street, into an abandoned church, down the crypt, and through a doorway opening into a cave of tunnels. Elte had often heard of the catacombs and the mysteries which lie beneath her city, but she had dismissed them as myth. Before her eyes, these myths were becoming reality. The folds of darkness enveloped them from all around, like a swarm of wasps rising from the ground and through the cracks in the walls. Elte noticed a faint glowing from Xanaph's face, the golden glowing of his eyes. She realized that was the only light she could see, but it was a cold light that did not project or illuminate anything around it.
- After leading her down several corridors, Xanaph finally stopped in front of a door, opened it by whispering a word, and pulled her through. The door swept shut as Elte entered, and the round room seemed to gather a faint light. Much in the same way the darkness had engulfed them, now the light shone, but without shining.
- Xanaph handed her a book, an old, discolored tome that seemed to fall apart in her hands. As she opened it, she realized the pages were still very much intact, the writing clear, and the binding strong. Without any warning, the book swept open to a page near the end. Her eyes tried to focus on the words, but the room started spinning and the book flew out of her hands without warning, landing on the table in the middle.
- Elte opened her eyes and found herself staring up at a ceiling painted as the night sky. Xanaph gently picked her up and sat her in a chair. Without moving his lips, she heard his voice, and in turn, could speak to him without uttering a sound.
- "You have been given a great gift, Mistress Elte. You have both the Holy and the Shadow flowing through you. However, you must choose between the two, for they are jealous magics."
- Elte closed her eyes, trying to understand what had happened to her. She now saw with the same eyes as Xanaph, and could feel the same aura about her.
- "Take me home," was all she could reply.
- Elte remembered little of the trip back to her father's house. As she lay down, she felt many strange things happening inside her. She woke up several days later, pursued by fever and chills. Xanaph sat next to her, uttering the prayers of the holy priests, but they were ineffective. Elte knew she was dying of the plague, and all that she had learned had been wasted.
- Within another week, phasing in and out of reality, Elte heard an incantation that she had never heard before. She never opened her mortal eyes again.
- The next time she opened her eyes, she could see with a faint glowing that did not shine outwards. Stumbling up from the stone floor, she climbed the steps and was met by an old corpse at the top, who pointed her in the direction of the village.
- Elte soon realized she was now one of the Forsaken, the Undead. She quickly re-embraced her former talents, the holy and the shadow always at her side now. She longed to speak with her savior, Xanaph, but he did not appear. Elte wandered the land, becoming a great shadow priestess, and finally returning to the holy magics, so she can now save her brethren.
- Many seasons later she met Xanaph, or what was left of him. His eyes and flesh had been torn off, and he no longer served the holy magics. She tried to thank him for his efforts to save her, but he was preoccupied with thoughts of revenge. Now she respects his right to wander the lands alone, and tries not to remind him of his former life, which brings him so much pain.
- Elte was first spotted in WoW via WoW Census() on April 9th, 2006 when she was level 12. She joined the guild Dark Guarde (now disbanded) on April 20th, 2006 when she was level 19. She joined Trigonfury (now disbanded) on June 11th, 2006 when she was level 38. She joined Brigadiers General on June 25th, 2006 when she was level 43. She joined Kalimdor Tribe on July 4th, 2006 when she was level 46. She joined Remnants of Legends on October 7th, 2006 when she was level 60. She joined The Murder of Crows sometime in November of 2006 when she was still level 60.
Initiate Elte's Promotion to AcolyteEdit
- "Initiate Elte(): You've gained much popularity within The Murder of Crows. Your skills in healing & your knowledge of many dungeons has made you invaluable, & you're generous with your skills & knowledge. You've proven yourself on the field of battle, gaining nearly triple the number of honorable kills necessary for promotion. Your de-flesh is excellent, & your roster post is awesomely complete. I see a bright future ahead of you, if your motivations & loyalty hold steady. I proudly promote you to Acolyte!" --Master Jannik, in Guild Chat on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006 at 3:09pm.
Acolyte Elte's Promotion to FiendEdit
- "Acolyte Elte: You are a model Guild Member. You lead well, you're always respectful, mature, & honest. You're very active in the guild, very helpful to others, very generous with your time & resources. You've proven yourself on the field of battle as well! Your De-Flesh is immaculate in terms of technical quality, story depth, & just overall completion. It's a pleasant read! Your roster post is pleasantly complete, & looks very sharp. You're an excellent role-player, & you're well liked! I proudly declare that you be promoted to Fiend!" --Master Jannik, in Guild Chat on Tuesday, December 5th, 2006 at 11:17pm.
Fiend Elte's Promotion to DoomBringerEdit
- "Fiend Elte: In the last few months you have impressed me greatly with your skill in the art of healing the injuries of our fellow Crows, of which has built you a powerful reputation. Your vast knowledge & experience with Azeroth's dungeons & battlegrounds is well known, as is your generosity in sharing such knowledge with others to aid in their growth. Your respect for your fellow Crow is strong, as is your dedication to maintaining the beliefs & principles of our glorious guild! Your faith in our cause has brought us far. Your fierce loyalty to myself & The Murder of Crows, along with your legendary accomplishments on the field of battle, has gained you a promotion to DoomBringer!" --Master Jannik, in Guild Chat on Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 at 12:34am.
- After Elte's promotion to Doombringer, she visited the Dark Lady of the Forsaken. Lady Sylvanas granted Elte a vision of her distant future. Sworn to keep private what was revealed, Elte was given a new name, and placed in the house of Shadowsoul. With this new name and title, the Lady Elte Shadowsoul has pledged her undying loyalties to the Forsaken and their cause.
DoomBringer Elte's Demotion to CaptainEdit
- After much discussion & consideration, DoomBringer Elte formally requested demotion from DoomBringer to Captain. Her devotion & loyalty to The Murder of Crows & the Forsaken Cause has not faded, she just feels that she'd be of better use to everyone as a Captain, rather than a DoomBringer. The demotion was performed after she announced her decision near the conclusion of a Guild Meeting on Wednesday, September 20th, 2007, 8:30pm. (( This demotion mainly took place because Elte's controller was busy with RL stuff & couldn't play Elte very frequently ))
Captain Elte's Promotion to DoomBringerEdit
- 03/19/08 18:11:10> [Guild] [Jannik]: Captain Elte, your efforts within our Murder have been renewed since your return a few months ago, & I feel that you have a great deal more to offer as the DoomBringer you once were than as a Captain
- 03/19/08 18:11:50> [Guild] [Elte]: My efforts have gone to serve the Crows, Master. Are you sure the return to DoomBringer would serve the Crows best?
- 03/19/08 18:12:24> [Guild] [Jannik]: I do indeed. You will have greater power, more ability to focus the Murder towards our all too important Cause
- 03/19/08 18:13:37> [Guild] [Elte]: I see.
- 03/19/08 18:13:51> [Guild] [Jannik]: Olinictora was unable to stand up to the darkness that faces our Murder
- 03/19/08 18:13:55> [Guild] [Jannik]: The Shadow consumed her
- 03/19/08 18:14:11> [Guild] [Jannik]: I feel that you are more capable to stand by my side, & face our challenges
- 03/19/08 18:14:19> [Guild] [Elte]: With my newfound abilities, I do not think the shadow has a chance against me.
- 03/19/08 18:14:31> [Guild] [Jannik]: *grins slightly* Indeed
- 03/19/08 18:14:43> [Guild] [Elte]: I accept the position, but only with humility and some reluctance.
- 03/19/08 18:15:08> [Guild] [Jannik]: I'm pleased. Together, we shall rebuild the strength of our Cause
- 03/19/08 18:15:13> Jannik has promoted Elte to DoomBringer.
- 03/19/08 18:15:21> [Guild] [Grandtor]: *smiles*
- 03/19/08 18:15:33> [Guild] [Elte]: I am at the command of the Crows.
- 03/19/08 18:16:09> [Guild] [Jannik]: I look forward to working with you more directly in the many issues facing us
- 03/19/08 18:16:30> [Guild] [Jannik]: We face more than merely enemies on the field of battle
- 03/19/08 18:16:37> [Guild] [Jannik]: We face turmoil from within as well
- 03/19/08 18:16:40> [Guild] [Elte]: Indeed.
- 03/19/08 18:17:01> [Guild] [Elte]: I look forward to these challenges in battle. Ones that we can see are often easier to combat than those hidden below.
- 03/19/08 18:17:41> [Guild] [Jannik]: For too long I have been locked away in my chambers. A few Crows have been lost as a result. But I am confident that we can mend our wounds, & be a formidable force leading our Cause once more
- 03/19/08 18:19:02> [Guild] [Elte]: I look forward to our battles together
- 03/19/08 18:19:07> [Guild] [Elte]: And with all the Crows
- 03/19/08 18:19:12> [Guild] [Jannik]: As do I
- Due to RL issues (not the least of which is a hurricane heading for Elte's home town), Elte stepped down from Warlord to Overseer on Monday, September 1st, 2008. Due to RL issues, Elte stepped down from Overseer to Ravager on Monday, December 1st, 2008.