|Merice||Scarlet Crusade US||Mage||26||The Murder of Crows||Darkslayer|
Character's Full name: Darkslayer Merice Artaxerxes.
Race: Forsaken, formerly Human.
Age: Merice was 26 years of age at the time of his Human death.
Class: Mage, Explorer of Arcane Magic.
Professions: Expert Alchemist, Expert Herbalist.
Secondary skills: Expert Cook, Expert First Aid, Expert Fisherman.
Position in society: A young Mage, aspiring Patriot to The Forsaken Cause
Face/Heel: Merice is cordial with any Forsaken; he tends to be short, & sometimes aggressive, with non-Crow Breathers.
Current Home: Camp Taurajo.
Role-playing weight class: Usually medium, sometimes Heavy.
Role-playing status: Likes to build off of RP initiated by others.
Goals and Motivations: Mastering 'battle magic' has been Merice's primary goal since before his mortal death. Undeath has amplified that desire ten fold.
In Character Strengths: His aggression & fury on the field of battle keeps his enemies reeling. He is intelligent, analytical, & fiercely loyal & honest.
In Character Weaknesses: His aggression towards Breathers can tarnish the impression others have of him.
Passionate About The War?: Merice likes war, any war, quite a bit, as it gives him a great opportunity to practice & master his battle magic.
PvP preference (do it a lot?): Loves it, but it's on hold until he reaches the higher levels of his bracket.
A typical quote from Merice: "Mmm, bloody lamb chops anyone?”
- Merice looks very much like your totally normal everyday tortured, mangled, reanimated corpse of a human mage, with a burning, seething hatred in his eyes which surges magical energy from his body when Breathers wander too close. He's 5' 10", & 140lbs.
- Merice carries himself with a quiet dignity. He's polite to Forsaken, but tends to be aggressive/competitive with non-Crow Breathers. He is intensely loyal to Master Jannik, & The Murder of Crows.
- Merice (pronounced: M-air-iss), was born the youngest of two children in the small Human town of Brill in the Tirisfal Glades of northern Lordaeron. Merice's parents were commoners, but their children were not fated to such a legacy. Merice'd brother Bud is one year older. The two siblings were very competitive with one another, often taking their rivalries to rather extreme levels. Merice, ever eager to be assertive & get attention, always pursued whatever interests Bud took on, & went about the task with such energy & devotion, that Merice often seemed to outshine Bud. One of many examples is their pursuit towards developing their skills with spellcrafting. Both were skilled Mages, but Merice took the competition so seriously & obsessively, that Bud quickly grew frustrated trying to keep up. This caused him to be more introverted & brooding. Bud fell in with some friends that were less than good influences, and soon delved deeply into the dark arts, & became a Warlock of great skill. Bud decided that if he studied as a Warlock hard enough, he could conquer his younger brother, & finally end their rivalry.
- When it came time to pick a profession, Bud decided to pursue Alchemy & Herbalism. Merice did the same, eager to prove himself superior yet again. However Alchemy came more naturally to Bud than it did for Merice, & the warlock quickly became the superior in crafting potions & salves. Before long, Bud actually had built a reputation for himself as Brill's finest Alchemist, & was sought after by travelers seeking guidance in their own manipulations of herbs. Bud's newly found talents, & clear superiority over his brother in this area, helped him set aside his anger & frustration in their rivalry, & he decided to no longer pursue his brother's destruction, & only continued his studies as a warlock because he was curious about the powers of destruction, affliction, & demonology. Merice did not accept his brother's success well at all, & became consumed with jealousy & rage. Merice joined the military forces of The Alliance so that he could master his skills as a Battle Mage, & then conquer his brother, winning the rivalry once & for all.
- Shortly after Merice left Brill, Kel'Thuzad, still a living man, began experimenting with the Plague of Undeath while visiting Brill, resulting in the demise of the kingdom of Lordaeron. The success of the infestation was such that it allowed Kel'Thuzad to convince the Lich King to launch the invasion even before it was planned. The mass graveyard just outside of Brill was made to accommodate the large number of deaths Tirisfal suffered when the Plague first came. The town was investigated by Prince Arthas during his mission to uncover the source of the Plague. Following the weakening of the Lich King due to the spell cast by Illidan, Sylvanas's rebel Forsaken were able to quickly assume control of the town, along with numerous other sites in Tirisfal Glades.
- Merice was tasked with maintaining the Royal Library of Stormwind Keep, using his sharp intellect to bring order & functionality to the very important stockpile of human knowledge. However as being in the Alliance's military, he also had to occasionally join patrol groups outside the keep, to help with any skirmishes that might occur. While making his rounds with a patrol to the towns out & around Stormwind City, Merice's partrol group was attacked by a murderous band of Undead. The band was known as The Murder of Crows, & was led by a dubious Forsaken Warlock, of whom cannibalized the Patrol Leader right in front of Merice. No one from the patrol was spared the wrath of the Undead; all were killed. Not long afterwords, Merice found himself stiffly & clumsily getting back up off the ground, but he was not the same... Master Jannik had risen his corpse with demonic energies, granting Merice more power than the weak Humans could ever give him...
- Merice learned from Master Jannik that their new race needed powerful people to help lead them to success, to help them survive. He proudly became a patriot of the Forsaken Cause, & gladly joined The Murder that day, becoming one of it's earliest members, & before long even became a commanding officer. Merice's brother Bud joined The Murder a few months later. Merice had changed a lot since having last seen his brother. He no longer felt the instinctive rivalry, & neither brother has done nothing to continue the competition. Although they have little contact with one another, their devotion to the Forsaken Cause, & The Murder of Crows is strong, & unites them in a bond they had not previously known.
- Merice was first seen in WoW by WoW Census() on August 1st, 2006 when he was level 6. He was already a member of the guild The Murder of Crows at that time. Merice was promoted from Neophyte to Butcher by Master Jannik in March of 2007 when he was level 20.