|Renick||Scarlet Crusade US||Rogue||70||Audeamus||None|
Character's Full name: Renick Vessrad.
Character's Nick-name: Ren, Renny, “He said what to who”.
Race: Forsaken, formerly Human.
Age: 32 years of age at the time of his mortal death.
Professions: Grand Master Leatherworker, Grand Master Skinner.
Secondary Skills: Grand Master Cook, Grand Master First Aid, Expert Fisherman, Artisan Rider.
Position in Society:
Face/Heel: "Evil to the core until you get to know him. Renick is a hated bastard yet a loyal friend to those he trusts."
Current Home: Shattrath City.
Physical Description: Renick looks like a duel-dagger-wielding, walking corpse of whom blends easily with shadows, & has a wicked grin all too often.
Role-playing weight class: Light-medium.
Role-playing status: Role-plays well when prompted, but generally doesn't bother since he keeps to himself.
Goals and Motivations: To gain as much coin & valuable items as possible. To not only survive, but to thrive.
In Character Strengths: Skilled killer; sharp & analytical mind.
PvP preference (do it a lot?): Renick is very active & skilled in battlegrounds, as it affords him an outlet for his violent urges which doesn't result in upsetting local authorities.
A typical quote from Renick: "Need someone eliminated? Sure, I can help you out with that... for a price."
Leveling speed: Steady.
Position in societyEdit
- Purposely not well known or accepted in society. Renick's trouble with authority leads him to be remembered by some, but he generally keeps to himself & is not really a member of society.
- Renick is blunt, sometimes rudely so. He doesn't care for ranks, titles, or any other self-worshiping details that are pushed on to other people. He keeps a wall between himself & everyone else. Living by a credo of “Respect is earned, Never given” He only respects those few that somehow find a way to earn it - not an easy thing to do given his demeanor.
- Hostile towards authority. When treated with disrespect, he tends to reflect that attitude & amplify it. His moods vary, & shift quickly. He strongly dislikes those that try to impose their will on others, & find himself rebelling against law & order wherever he finds it.
In Character WeaknessesEdit
- His inability to tolerate authority sets him at odds with every organization he encounters, making it nearly impossible for him to find a guild or city he enjoys for long. His reflexively hostile attitude sets him apart from others making it hard for him to make friends.
Passionate About The War?Edit
- Not really. War has provided him with many riches, as just about everyone in Azeroth is hiring folks to kill for them, which is just fine with Renick. But he's not interested in fighting the war for the sake of it, as he's not sure victory is really possible. He prefers to enjoy life as it happens, live life one day at a time, regardless of the consequences.
- Renick Vessrad was born (youngest of four children) & raised by parents that were often too busy to tend to him, in the small Human town of Brill in the Tirisfal Glades of northern Lordaeron. Renick's mother was a stay-at-home wife of whom raised Renick's sibblings as best she could (but always seemed to falter in giving attention to Renick), & tailored clothing for the family, as well as for fun & profit. Renick's father was a powerful Enchanter, & an influential speaker. He was an overly proud, supposedly hard-working man, of whom preached to Renick strongly about honor, & the importance of standing up & defending your kin, no matter the odds, & other foolish nonsense. Renick's father served as a close aid to the administrator of Brill, Magistrate Sevren (ranked even above Magistrate Sevren's assistant Jamie Norr), & played a key role in many decisions regarding Brill. Neither of Renick's parents understood him, neither seemed to care about him. They never seemed to see the good in him, instead always yelling at him & punishing him for his mistakes.
- In his youth, Renick was an outsider to his sibblings. They wouldn't include him in their games, always saying he was too young. Renick began acting out. He began picking on other kids, even those that were bigger than him (he was a tough kid, especially for his size), pilfering minor goods from students & teachers, & eventually even local shops. He got into pick-pocketing, & earned positive attention from Marion Call, of whom taught him how to fight with daggers, one-handed swords & maces, how to throw knives, uses bows & fist weapons, etc. Renick craved the attention, & worked hard to keep impressing Marion Call. He became very skilled with a variety of weapons, & she taught him how to cut the skin from animals & how to turn that skin into armor.
- Before long Renick was completing small missions for Marion Call & was her right hand man for the local theives' guild. Periodically, Brill would be attacked by small raids of Murlocs or Gnolls, & Renick would always find a townsperson to hire him to defend the town; this way he got paid to release his violent tendencies, a win-win for him! Renick's brothers, Alexanikth & Jannik, his sister, & parents, all defended the town for free!
- As time went on & wars raged throughout Azeroth, Renick's oldest borhter (Alexanikth) his only sister joined the military forces of The Alliance, taking part in many battles. Renick did whatever he felt like, only returning home for short amounts of time, usually for a free meal & a few easy pilfers. Jannik stayed home to focus on his studies, & to be there for his parents, & could often be found at their home, helping his mother with chores, or even giving feedback to his father's influence in local politics. He also aided both parents in their professions, and fished at Stillwater Pond to help keep food on their table.
- Eventually, Kel'Thuzad, still a living man, began experimating with the Plague of Undeath while visiting Brill, resulting in the demise of the kingdom of Lordaeron. The success of the infestation was such that it allowed Kel'Thuzad to convince the Lich King to launch the invasion even before it was planned. The mass graveyard just outside of Brill was made to accommodate the large number of deaths Tirisfal suffered when the Plague first came. The town was investigated by Prince Arthas during his mission to uncover the source of the Plague. Following the weakening of the Lich King due to the spell cast by Illidan, Sylvanas's rebel Forsaken were able to quickly assume control of the village, along with numerous other sites in Tirisfal Glades. Renick's brother Jannik & his parents were among those to have died of the Plague, rise up as mindless Scourge, & then be granted freedom by Sylvanas, becoming the Forsaken that they are today.
- Renick took no time at all to let go of his attachments to being Human, & thoroughly embraced his new Forsaken race with great pride & fervor. Since the undead do not need to draw breath to fill their lungs, Renick can stay underwater much longer (300% longer) than any other race. The Will of the Forsaken reflects the struggle that every Forsaken faced in breaking free from the Lich King's powerful mental domination, and in remaining free from his control, allowing Renick to become immune to fear, sleep, and charm effects at will. As the Forsaken are physically dead, they have the ability to Cannibalize, metabolizing the remains of humanoid corpses to regain their own strength.
- Renick, being a street-smart & intelligent being, took little time to see the peril that his new race had before them. The Forsaken fight a constant battle not only to retain their freedom from the Scourge, but also to slaughter those who would hunt them as monsters. Renick, seeing an opportunity to make a profit, joined his older brother Jannik, of whom became a prominent leader & patriot to the Forsaken Cause, & formed The Murder of Crows to serve as an extension of his patriotic will. Renick earned promotion from Initiate to Acolyte fairly quickly, but soon after found himself at odds with Guild Leadership for questioing their orders and policies. He couldn't hold his tongue, & ended up incurring the wrath of practically every Crow in the Murder. When Shadowghost tried to bring him in to a forced and unbiased trial for crimes against the guild, he left the The Murder of CrowsandJannik and his corrupted DoomBringers (this was during the [[Guild:The Murder of Crows (Scarlet Crusade US)/#The_Fall_of_the_DoomBringers|Fall of the DoomBringers).
- Since then, Renick has gone back to what he knows best, thriving in cities full of people more focused on the war than on their own easily pickable coin purses. He also likes to visit the battlegrounds to unleash his violent fury. He maintains a somewhat impersonal but civil relationship with his brother Jannik & a few other Crows.
- Renick was first seen in WoW by WoW Census() on August 31st, 2006 when he was level 15. He joined The Murder of Crows on September 4th, 2006 when he was level 17. He fled The Murder of Crows in November of 2006 to avoid excution when he was level 30. He joined Order of Mithril Horns on January 8th, 2007 when he was level 35, but left them later that same month when he was level 40. He joined Book of Honor on April 28th, 2007 when he was level 54, & left them the following month after gaining a few levels. Renick whispered Master Jannik on the evening of Tuesday, November 6th, 2007 to request invitation to rejoin The Murder of Crows. After completing a private interview with Master Jannik, invitation was granted, & Renick rejoined The Murder of Crows as a Neophyte; he was level 67 at the time. Well after having reached level 70, Renick left The Murder of Crows on Thursday, August 28th, 2008. He helped found Audeamus later that day with all the crows who had since left murder due to Jannik's tyranny.