Tevri the Deceiver
|Title||<Devourer of Magic>|
|Character class||Mage (WoW), Archmage (RPG), Wizard, Spellbreaker, Sorcerer|
|Affiliation||Burning Legion, Alliance of Lordaeron (formerly), Scourge (formerly)|
|Occupation||Dark Mage of the Burning Legion, Enemy of Life, Devourer of Magic, Destroyer of Worlds|
|Location||Twisting Nether, Dalaran (formerly)|
|Relative(s)||Kralnor (sworn enemy), Kil'Jaeden, Doom Lord Kazzak (brother)|
|Mentor(s)||Sargeras, Kil'Jaeden, Malygos, Kael'Thas, Yogg-Saron|
- "I remember well the sting of defeat at the conclusion of the Third War. I have waited far too long to exact my revenge, and now, the shadow of the Legion falls over this world. It is only a matter of time before all of your failed creation...is undone."
Tevri the Deceiver, also known as Tevri of Shandris, is the ancient and powerful demigod of Mages. While his current whereabouts are largely unknown, his influence can be felt all across Azeroth, from the delaying of opening of the titan city of Ulduar, to the fall of Zul'Drak. His stated goal is nothing less than the assimilation of all magical energies in the known universe, and after the destruction of the Sunwell and the loss of much of his power, he has fled to the Twisting Nether to regenerate. He currently serves as emissary between the dark titan Sargeras and Lord Kralnor.
The Great Sundering
It is impossible to know exactly when Tevri came into existence, he may very well be eternal, but the general consensus is that he was born a few hundred years before the Great Sundering and the destruction of the Well of Eternity. In those days he was a simple wandering [[Mage] who took no side in the War of the Ancients. He only to study the affects of the great Well and its affects on the mortal body. After it's destruction by the Demon Lord Archimonde, Tevri went searching across the Twisting Nether for other sources of arcane power. The search would lead him across the Void and take thousands of years.
Encounter with the Nathrezim
While originally traveling to Xoroth (the home world of the dreadlords) to learn more about Fel Magic, he found himself in the middle of a planet preparing for the oncoming invasion of Azeroth. He remained there for many years to study the demonic creatures he found, especially the Nathrezim - beings of such unimaginable evil they actually corrupted a titan. He found the power intriguing, and approached Sargeras himself, pleading to learn more of it firsthand. Sargeras denied him. Delving further into madness, and drunk off of the Fel energies that drenched the land, he began to kill every demon in sight and devour their power. The more he consumed, the more distorted he became, eventually becoming much of a demon himself. Fearing the wrath of Sargeras, he fled back to Azeroth.
The Sunwell and the Scourge
For many years he tracked Azeroth to find new sources of energy. After a brief stay in the Kingdom of Lordaeron, he traveled to Dalaran and became tenuous friends with Kael'Thas Sunstrider and Jaina Proudmoore. After the breakout of the undead Scourge, he learned that the creatures had a link to the Burning Legion and fled to the elf kingdom of Silvermoon City for safety. There he found the Sunwell single greatest source of arcane energies in existence. He saturated himself in its glory for days, absorbing as much energy at once as he could -- even the High Elves were alarmed by it. Once the elves deduced that he had little interest in 'studying' the Well, the Sunwell Guardians attempted to remove him from the city. Before any sort of conflict could arise from it, elven horns announcing the invasion of the death knight Arthas Menethil and the elves went to protect their city from the real threat. The Scourge laid waste to the elven defenses, and Arthas made his way to the Sunwell to revive Kel'Thuzad into a dreaded lich. Tevri was captured by Arthas, and at the behest of the dreadlords that controlled the Lich King, he was brought back to the Twisting Nether to face punishment from Sargeras.
Holy War Aganst Lord Kralnor
When places before the dark titan Sargeras, he was tortured for a number of days, but instead of killing him, Sargeras made a pact with him - that if he would serve the Burning Legion that he would spare his life, and grant him even more power. Tevri quickly accepted the terms, and returned to Azeroth with a legion of demons at his side. While aiding Archimonde in the (unsuccessful) draining of the new World Tree, he met a Warlock King by the name of Kralnor. This creature of pure shadow taught that magic was best channeled through staves. Disgusted by the obvious perversity of such a thing, and knowing that swords were far superior, he attempted to kill Kralnor and add his legions to his own. The forces of Kralnor proved more resilient than he had anticipated, and he was pushed back to Northrend.
Tevri now scours the frozen wastes of Northrend, seeking for a way to destroy Kralnor. It was recently discovered that he aided in the deaths of Malygos the Spellweaver, Sartharion the Onyx Guardian, Kel'Thuzad, and the Old God Yogg-Saron. It is believed that he is attempting to find and kill the Lich King, and absorb his armies and power into his own. He has no quests in the World of Warcraft, however there are several non-combat achievements pertaining to him,so far only attained by his closest friend, Dragonclaw.
- - "Wave at Tevri of Shandris and live to tell the tale."
- - "Receive a portal to any major city from Tevri of Shandris."
- - "Consume Mana Strudels conjured by Tevri of Shandris without dying."
- - "Assist Tevri of Shandris in the destruction of the Dark Lord Kralnor."
- "Bear witness to the undeniable power of our dark master!" (Stolen by Gul'dan)
- "TOO SOON, CRYGIL, YOU ARE RELEASING THE PATCH TOO SOON!" (To patch 3.1.0, parodied by Ragnaros)
- "I remember well the sting of defeat at the conclusion of the Third War. I have waited far too long to exact my revenge, and now, the shadow of the Legion falls over this world. It is only a matter of time before all of your failed creation...is undone." (Stolen by Doom Lord Kazzak)
- "Clawwwwww" (The nickname of his good friend)
- "Eternal suffering awaits." (Also stolen)
- "The expendable have perished, so be it! Now, I shall succeed where Sargeras could not. I will bleed this wreched world, and secure my place as the true master of the Burning Legion. The end has come! Let the unraveling of this word commence!" (This too)
- Aggro: "How unfortunate...for you."
- Player Death 1: "Hahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- Player Death 2: "Kralnor will join you soon enough!"
- Summons Mirror Images: "There are quite a few of you...maybe I should level the playing field."
- Arcane Barrage: "Overpowered? Hah! Not by a long shot."
- Blizzard: "Back to the cold dark with you!"
- Slow: "Beg for life."
- Frost Nova: "Come, and die."
- Arcane Explosion: "Get them off me! GET THEM OFF ME!"
- Flame Wreath: "Not so fast."
- At 30% Health: "It's not my time mortals!" (Teleports away)
- At 30% Health 2: "Claw! Come to my aid!" (An unknown shadow assists)
- Death: "(Unknown)"
- Norendei, Devourer of Magic
- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Main Hand
- Speed 1.80
- 93 - 298 Damage
- (108.6 damage per second)
- +62 Stamina
- Requires Level 80
- Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 67.
Equip: Improves haste rating by 76.
Equip: Increases spell power by 697.
Equip: Your spells have a chance to drain 5% of your target's mana, and add that amount to your spellpower for the next 15 seconds.
- "The power of destruction courses through this weapon."
- Sell Price: 42 51 46
In the World of Warcraft, Tevri is a powerful Mage that can literally spawn anywhere, at any point in time -- usually capital cities. Using his deception, he can choose to be unattackable by both Horde or Alliance players, this makes him incredibly difficult to defeat. It is recommended that if he does spawn that no less than a full 40 man raid group face him. His abilities include Mirror Image (each of which has just as much health as he does, and hits for about the same), Arcane Barrage (not on the global cool down, hits for 15,000, instant cast), Frost Nova (cast once every 25 seconds, melee must move out immediately), Slow (only cast on ranged DPS within 20 yards of him, can be dispelled), Arcane Explosion (hits for 25,000, only cast if more than 10 people are in melee range - he hates melee) Blizzard (a dangerous AOE that ranged DPS must avoid, 1 tick hits for 7,000), and Flame Wreath (only cast if more than 10 players step outside 30 yards). He has also been known to silence people after 50% health, though the exact cause of him using this ability is a matter of fierce debate. He has no aggro table and cannot be tanked.
Because of Arcane Explosion, there should never be more than 10 melee DPS in your raid. A no point in time should there ever be more than 10 people within melee range and no ranged DPS should be within 10 yards of him to avoid Slow. At the same time, everyone must avoid the Blizzard at all costs without traveling too far out of his range and triggering a Flame Wreath. Because it requires at all 40 of your raid members have mental competency, a rare thing in raids after Wrath of the Lich King, it is considered one of the hardest encounters in the game. The task of defeating him is the objective of the achievement.
It is unknown all the items that he would drop should he be killed, but the legendary sword he currently wields, , is very likely. The following statistics were datamined through the website WoWhead, and may be updated in a future patch. It is unlikely that such a powerful weapon could be acquired without a very difficult questline.
- ^ http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shandris&n=Tevri
- ^ http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/03/27/tevri-of-shandris-royally-screws-us/
- ^ http://www.forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79628036&sid=1
- ^ http://www.forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6440918760&sid=1
- ^ http://www.forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6440938762&sid=1
- ^ http://www.forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6330918765&sid=1
- ^ http://www.forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6440918742&sid=1
- ^ http://www.forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6440918710&sid=1
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32722
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44781
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32700
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=24780
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=34781
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44482
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32789