Read the Azitacious Advice First
- At the top of the page is a tab that says edit. Click that and add your info, and click save�
- Try to keep alphabetical order and formatting, if possible.
- The most fun is adding new pages! Any word or words that you enclose in double-brackets becomes a link to a new page in the wiki. What if it doesn’t exist yet? Just click the new link and make it!
- As an example, double-brackets are around these words: Azi.
- Be sure to write double-brackets around common WoW terms and Feathermoon characters! They will link to those pages automatically!
- Feel free to copy and paste other pages and use them as examples!
- The help page can fill you in with any other juicy details. http://www.wowwiki.com/Help:Editing
Please reply to this thread to discuss your ideas for structure and organization, as well as just bumping for awareness.
What a great way to work together! With this, we can...
- weave wild webs of social interconnection
- unravel the compelling history of RP events
- just get to know Feathermoon in greater depth and insight
Hi, it's Azi.
I think this is where we discuss decisions about the wiki.
I'm thrilled about it. I think it will be most useful for:
- Outlining our history
- Sketching out our complex social interrelations
- Sharing inside jokes and secret Feathermoon winks
Have thoughts on the structure and organization? I've tried to rig it up well, but I'm making this up as I go along!
I look forward to thoughts!
"Stubbed" Historical Events Edit
A number of Historical Events remain undefined to this day. The problem is that a lot of them don't even have references as to who we might contact for information about them. I suggest treating them as "stubbed" articles that have since then expired and must be deleted. Your thoughts? -- Selenium 04:31 PDT 26 July 2006
- I don't have a problem leaving them as is - of course it would be better if we could get more info, but I prefer some record of these events to remain as opposed to none (which is what eventually would happen with stubs) -- Tsark 23:06, 27 July 2006 (EDT)
Selenium, I saw you added some external links to guild websites - ironically, just below the original comment by Azi that people should not add an external link, but instead create a Wiki page. I think the idea was to populate wowwiki by encouraging people to at least have a guild page, which then could refer to the external website. I honestly like that format, rather than a straight link to an external website - if instead we decide to go with a straight link, then let's change the general comment of that section -- Tsark 23:06, 27 July 2006 (EDT)
- Uh, I think I just pulled a Metzen. :P Truthfully, my reasoning was that a majority of pages are still stubs to date, with only a guild page link on their wiki! As the pages are marked for speedy deletion, I decided to preserve the external links on the server page itself, in an effort to consolidate and retain information. And then I decided that all guilds with a guild page link might as well have a link on the server page. And then I decided to go to bed and finish it later... So. Yeah. My bad. -- Selenium 15:15 PDT 28 July 2006
- Alright, here's what I have done: If the guild page was more than a stub, I deleted the link on the main page. If the guild page was a stub, I kept the link. I am also trying to add as many pages as I can, from guild I know, and at the same time deleting guild I really have never heard of. Of course, I am doing this only for the Horde side, since I play Horde and I think I know that side fairly well (I have been playing for a while there....). I think you are alliance (I /waved at you outside BRD a week or so back, but I don't think you recognised me ;-)), so feel free to do the same on your side. I also changed the introductory text by Azi to reflect what we are doing. -- Tsark 06:16, 8 August 2006 (EDT)
- This will teach me to edit first, comment later. What I have really done, is to separate the guilds that are active from the ones that are not, as well as eliminating the guilds that had no page, no link and did not sound familiar at all to me. Inactive guilds are something I will handle another time (probably next Tuesday during maintenance...:P). Active guilds: for the ones we had a webpage for, I went there and extracted enough information to "unstub" the page. I still need to do it for a couple, but you can see the general principle. Let me know thoughts. -- Tsark 07:43, 8 August 2006 (EDT)
Links to non-existent pages Edit
I've noticed that there are a slew of links that contain nothing (i.e. guild pages and a few character pages). Most of these links have been dead for quite awhile so I'm going through and deleting the link (but not the text). What's everyone's thoughts on this? If you all want them back up, I'll be more than happy to do it but it seems silly to have a lot of dead links on the page. -- Xaandr 11:35, 31 October 2006 (EST)
- IDEALLY we would go through these links and populate them, using the info we know about the character or guild in question - realistically, I agree with you.... :-D -- Tsark 04:19, 2 November 2006 (EST)
Another idea: more subpages Edit
The main Feathermoon page is quite large. I would propose that we break some of the larger chunks off into their own pages. We already have the guild PvE progression on its own page. Why not move the historical events section, for example, to its own page? -- Xaandr 14:17, 31 October 2006 (EST)
- One idea for a subpage would be to have list of all master crafters and what patterns, etc. they know. It would think we'd want to limit to all non-trainable ones in order to keep the page managable. ---> Xaandr 17:22, 1 November 2006 (EST)
- I think subpages may be a good idea - the page is indeed becoming a bit too large for its own good. That said, I'm not sure the Master Crafter page is a good idea. Quite simply it's too difficult to maintain: I play Horde, and have since I started playing almost two years ago, and I know I still don't know all master crafters - and we cannot count on enough FM population to come to this page and maintain it. In fact, I think even the forum sticky on Master Crafters is hopelessly out of date. So I guess my view is - go ahead on the subsection thing, but honestly, Master Crafters will not be up-to-date enough to justify the effort (same reason WoWWiki discourages guild rosters on guild pages - it changes too quickly) -- Tsark 04:19, 2 November 2006 (EST)
- Yeah, I suppose you're right about the master crafter page. There doesn't seem to be enough people who take the time to edit/update the Wiki to justify it. ---> Xaandr 10:46, 2 November 2006 (EST)
- Um... the people and guilds are a main focus for most people. Is there a way that we can make their existence and location painfully obvious? I like those banners someone made; can they function as links? I'm really impressed with the initative and development, lately. You guys are impressive! I hope that we can keep it easy and fun for the less-savvy people, too. Maybe keeping the characters and guilds on one big Mc LargeHuge page would be useful in that sense. Thoughts? --Azi 00:21, 17 November 2006 (EST)
- I did the banners. It's been slow at work and I needed something to do. :) I'm not too sure if the images can be made to be links. I can take a look at the wiki code and see if it can be done. ---> Xaandr 15:13, 17 November 2006 (EST)
An idea that I scammed from another realm's wiki Edit
The Earthen Ring realm has their "official" wiki at another location- earthenring.elwiki.com/Main_Page. I like the way they laid it all out. Perhaps we could rework our wiki here to do something similar. When someone would come to the Feathermoon page, they'd be welcome with some introductory text and then options to go to stories, characters, guilds, server information, etc. The "front" page would be a portal to the realm's wiki. ---> Xaandr 12:27, 30 November 2006 (EST)
- I like this. In fact, I was thinking about the fact that SO MANY great stories have been told in the FM forums, and it's not clear that they are saved anywhere. The Feathermoon.net site is a start, but I personally don't find it very easy to search through. The only question is - do we have enough people who are willing to get involved? If not, we risk having a very sparsely populated wiki, which would be a bit sad.... Then again, this may indeed be a case of "build it and they will come" - if we make it good/useful/fun, we may get the help of the Feathermoon.net community - and even more. So, Xandr, if you're willing to start the ball rolling, I promise to contribute a few pages of my own :-D -- Tsark 06:44, 5 December 2006 (EST)
Is the Feathermoon.Net advisory necessary? Edit
It's been too long since I popped in so I decided to look in on the Wiki and saw the advisory about F'moon.net collecting event information and the like.
Do we need to have our Wiki site be an advertisement for Feathermoon.net? I have nothing against the site (I'm a member there myself and find it quite nice) but we already have a graphical link to it, a text link, and links to stories and such already. I really don't see the need for the first thing people see when they come to the Wiki a "Feathermoon.net" advisory.
I'm not meaning to step on people's toes and if it comes across that way I apologize. I just think it's a little bit too much. ---> Xaandr 13:02, 13 April 2007 (EDT)
- I really agree about the FM.net stuff. Amazing site, but this isn't the place to push it so much.
- Hokai. So.
- We have loads of information on the main page of the server wiki right now. A lot of this has nothing to do with Feathermoon as a whole - individuals' stuff, mostly. If a link can go on a character's personal page, then it ought to. Our server page should be concise and informative. Able to give a rounded view of Feathermoon at a glance. Right now, it doesn't.
- There's a ton of GREAT info on here. It just needs to be organized! ^_^ I'ma work on that some. -- Fells 09:04, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
- The changes look good so far Fells. I totally agree about moving individual stories and such to that character's page. If you need some help with anything, let me know what I can do. ---> Xaandr 11:28, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
Totally Unnecessary Info Edit
Yeah, the thing with Blackwatch and whatnot? I'm taking that out for now. They're forum trolls, yeah, but they're not some server-wide phenom. If they want to, they can add pages to the characters/guilds section. -- Fells 09:04, 17 June 2007 (EDT)