*The Server project is a WoWWiki project with the goal of making a standard server page layout.
I removed the following section:
Notable Players Edit
- Speedymart - Seriously, how isn't this guy up here? He's god.
- Grungie - Legendary Forum Troll
- Pyress - "Because I was here before False."
- Ekildox - Aggro-Whore.
- Katchenator - Because he wanted to be here, and he made trade lol.
- Zalidros - Chloraphyll? More like...BORAPHYLL!
- Mauus - Hawtest Cow award.
- Thestick - A whiny, spoiled brat who needs a life.
- Crithappy - Will mine your face.
- Garix - Lockishness
- Kadja - Buy Factory Direct and Save. WoWmart: Here Every-Gem is better.
- Megagnome - Ub3r Pwnage
- Weero - Goldshire-Loving Troll
- Landstander - Über AoE Tank
- Susanowo - Emo kid (Transferred for emo reasons)
- Iceon - Uber Pallyzor Cakes
- Khartahl - a.k.a. Krusty
- Sang - Haz a bukket full of waffles.
- Marviltord - Becausez iz feltz likez beingz herez,zomgz.
- Vaserati - Wouldn't you like to know? (ETA Dec. 10th)
- Frankwhite - PuG God
- Derfy - known all around
- Vike - Enough said
- Pulah - Thank you based pulah
This is simply a vanity section, with people adding their own names (or friends' and guildies' names) to this list. None of the above information is "factual", rather, it represents a small minority's views on a handful of players. Furthermore, this section falls under "Irrelevant" as described on the WoWWiki Policy Page. It is irrelevant because a random list of players has nothing to do with Gnomeregan server progression. If this section were to be reinstated, it may be useful to included a progression-related distinction for the player (e.g. Wowplayer - First person to complete tier 6 set) rather than immature taglines such as "Emo kid" or "Ub3r Pwnage" Veltor 07:03, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
I removed another "Notable Players" section:
* Grungie - Legendary Forum Troll * Kaushik - Widely accepted as the server idiot * Clockstar - Infamous Guild-Hopper * Sang - Lord of the Penguins! Fights with Waffles! * Tylerand - Thinks he is better then he actually is.
Please stop adding to this section. If you want to talk about how great (or dumb) you are, start a personal guild website and do it there. Or go to WoW forums and do it there. WoWWiki is created for information about the Warcraft Universe and WoW information - not so users can create vanity sections. Veltor 07:23, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
There is certainly nothing on this page that clearly delineates it as strictly for progression. The page is entitled Gnomeregan US, not Gnomeregan US Progression. That being said, there certainly is no problem with having a "Notable Players" section, provided the information provided is both factual and relevant. This page is a work in progress, Veltor, please take the steps to positively contribute to the page, if you are able to. If not, please let the collaborative editing process work its course. Thanks. Shatterstorm 18:17, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
XODLIKE: Please do NOT continue to add "Ekildox - Servers official aggro-whore" to Notable Players section. Please stick to factual information that does not degrade the content of the page. Who declared Ekildox as the "official" aggro whore? Who is responsible for awarding this title? What are the criteria for this title? Who were the other players competing for this title? Obviously, this is completely subjective, and violates the NPOV and general policies regarding irrelevant content on the wiki. I have reverted your changes, and will continue to do so, and will continue to report you as a vandal if you continue to post subjective information that serves no purpose in the wiki. Thanks. Shatterstorm 21:28, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
Removed Incursio and Scum Squad alliance guilds because I have been /who'ing them for about two weeks now and always got no results. The armory also does not list them. If a member of either guild would like to restore their info, assuming either guild still exists, they may do so. Critical 14 March 2008 (UTC)
Ive updated our progression page but I need feedback, especially with Obsidian part. How will we handle this? Leave the check box as is and create new ones as patches come in? Thoughts? Tuqui (talk) 21:43, 20 November 2008 (UTC)