Shadowstep is rogue talent available at level 60. It teleports you behind a target and increases your speed.
- The ability to cover up to 25 yards and increased movement speed gives a defining edge against opponents who like to kite the rogue from afar. Now you can just Shadowstep behind a Mage trying to land a nasty Pyroblast on you, and stun them.
- Yet another interrupt in the rogue's arsenal. A well timed Shadowstep will give an unhappy mage the message: Target needs to be in front of you.
- Extremely useful for chasing down runners and mounts. Vanish (if it isn't on cooldown), then Shadowstep + Cheapshot (You can also Gouge or use Crippling Poison on your OH) for a ranged stun or cripple. You can also Shadowstep while stealthed and Sap (Dirty Tricks makes this much more smooth) a mounted opponent, then do what you will with them.
- Careful when utilizing this talent near cliffs, especially in Outland. An unlucky rogue might accidentally send himself plummeting. Just cast Distract or wait for their back to be more sensible to Shadowstep behind.
- You can Shadowstep through walls and over gaps.
- If you run and jump off one side of a gap, you can "grapple hook" over to the other side by Shadowstepping an enemy on the other side. This could also be used if you accidentally fall off an edge and your target is still alive to pull yourself back up.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Shadowstep’s cooldown has been increased to 24 seconds, up from 20 seconds.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): You now get Shadowstep immediately when you choose the Subtlety tree(at level 10 or after a respec, the damage bonus (raised to 30%) only works with Ambush or Garrote, and the threat reduction has been removed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Shadowstep (Subtlety) is no longer usable while rooted.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): The talent Preparation now resets the cooldown on Shadowstep.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Shadowstep can be used in combat. This gives the rogue the ability to dump aggro with Shadowstep, and worry much less about grabbing aggro with a big Ambush due to the 50% threat reduction.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): The cooldown has been reduced to 15 seconds.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Added.