|Shattered Halls loading graphic|
|Location||Hellfire Citadel, Hellfire Peninsula|
|Race(s)|| Fel orc|
|End boss||Warchief Kargath Bladefist|
|Hellfire Ramparts (5)|
|The Blood Furnace (5)|
|The Shattered Halls (5)|
|Magtheridon's Lair (25)|
The Shattered Halls is a level 70 elite instance in Hellfire Peninsula, being the third wing of Hellfire Citadel, with Kargath Bladefist as the final boss. The instance is one of the first endgame instances in The Burning Crusade players will encounter.
In order to be allowed to access, at least one player in the group must have the Shattered Halls Key to open the door (or bring a skill 350 lockpicking rogue). Engineers can also use the Elemental Seaforium Charge to open the gate. The quest to make it begins in Shadowmoon Valley with a drop from Smith Gorlunk.
Shattered Halls has a very straight layout with only one way to go.
Several increasingly large packs test the group's focus and crowd crontrol or aoe abilities. The most difficult being the last one before the first boss.
A rogue can lockpick the door to Grand Warlock Nethekurse, (or an engineer with a Elemental Seaforium Charge can blow it open) and thus avoid the sewers - an area with large groups of slime mobs and several single ones on a fast respawn timer.
After Nethekurse you enter the gauntlet event. Archers from the far side will shoot fireball arrows that leave burning spots on the ground while you fight your way ahead. There are some static mobs as well as small packs that continuously spawn at the end and come your way. All of these mobs are nonelite. The respawn is on a static timer. Thus, if you kill them fast enough, you will leave combat. Depending on your group, you may either kill them one pack at a time or run right through to the last alcove and AOE them down all at once.
At the end of the gauntlet - on heroic mode - Blood Guard Porung awaits you.
You will encounter two more large packs flanked by two groups of gladiators each. The packs can and should be pulled out of the room to avoid adding the gladiators. The gladiators will fight among themselves and can be pulled when most of them are already low on health.
Dungeon Denizens Edit
- Beetles (critters)
- Dwarf (one, Rifleman Brownbeard)
- Fel orcs
- Gnome (one, Randy Whizzlesprocket)
- Human (two, Captain Alina and Private Jacint)
- Ogre mage (one, Warbringer O'mrogg)
- Orcs (three, Captain Boneshatter, Drisella, and Scout Orgarr)
- Rats (critters)
- Snakes (critters)
- Tauren (one, Korag Proudmane)
|Mob||Special Note||Heroic Mode|
|Shadowmoon Acolyte||Priest-type mob; can heal, cast Power Word: Shield, and attack with Mind Blast. Players should dispel the shields and kill them quickly. They have a 105 Resist Shadow buff that lasts 1 hour; a priest can use Mind Control on them and cast the buff on party members.|
|Shattered Hand Assassin||Stealthed in the hallways before Warbringer O'mrogg and to Warchief Kargath Bladefist. Uses Sap on first player to aggro them. Use any method of detection. If unavailable simply keep your distance while the tank scouts ahead and the assassin will immediately break its own sap.|
|Shattered Hand Champion||These enemies start appearing after the Gauntlet section and on the way to Warbringer O'mrogg and Warchief Kargath Bladefist. They always come in groups of two and otherwise alone, and are immune to crowd control effects. Make sure you clear the area of Shattered Hand Assassins before pulling these.|
|Shattered Hand Brawler||Places dispellable Curse on players which increases damage done by 5% and damage taken by 15%.||Immune to Mind Control|
|Shattered Hand Centurion||Immune to Polymorph, Frost Traps, and Mind Control (and possibly other CC).|
|Shadowmoon Darkcaster||Have a short range Fear and cast Rain of Fire. Players should stand out of the Rain of Fire. If a mob affected by Mind Control gets close to a Dark Caster, the Mind Control will break (needs confirmation).|
|Shattered Hand Gladiator||Arms warrior-type mob; cast Mortal Strike and hit hard. They initially fight each other; wait for their health to drop to about 40% before engaging. It is advised these groups are crowd-controlled as best as possible as they hit quite hard and can one-shot cloth wearers. AoE is possible with a good tank. Gladiators are not immune to slowing effects, so AoE slows such as Frost Trap and Blizzard (with talents) work very well if they cannot be killed fast enough. They are vulnerable to Mind Control.||Immune to Mind Control|
|Shattered Hand Heathen||Immune to Mind Control|
|Shattered Hand Houndmaster||Hunter-type mob; can cast Volley, which deals AoE arcane damage. Patrols with two non-elite Rabid Warhounds. Players should kill warhounds first while standing out of Volley. CC'able.|| Immune to Polymorph and Seduce.|
Removes CC from warhounds.
|Shattered Hand Legionnaire||Pulled with a group of 4-6 other adds; spawns additional adds if adds are killed before the legionnaire. Should be killed first. Can not be sheeped or alike.||Immune to Mind Control.|
|Shattered Hand Reaver||Can Cleave, which chains damage to players within range of the attack, Uppercut, and Enrage. Ranged classes and healers should stand away from the melee when the Cleave graphic appears. Reavers are vulnerable to Mind Control.||Immune to Mind Control|
|Shattered Hand Sentry||Can Charge and detect stealth; resistant to Sap.||Immune to Mind Control|
|Shattered Hand Sharpshooter||Hunter-type mob. Can use Scatter Shot, which causes the target to wander for a few seconds, and Immolation Arrow, which inflicts fire damage. It is advised these should be killed next after the legionnaire.||Immune to Mind Control|
|Shattered Hand Savage||Melee fighter. Can be seduced.||Can be seduced.|
See Shattered Halls loot.
- Shattered Halls features some large groups up to seven mobs. Whatever crowd control your group features, be certain to put it to good use. You may even consider using two tanks. The Legionnaire should always be killed first due to his summonings abilities. Acolytes and Sharpshooters should be given priority as far as CC is concerned. Dark Casters may also be occupied by a pet. Don't be afraid to use fear but be sure to keep your distance to other packs if you do. Lacking crowd control, a kiting hunter can also be viable, but consider that you'll lose damage and an ice trap.
- The gladiator packs can be lethal to your tank. Pull them when they are low on health and kill the most damaged first. Stun, Slow, Fear and Kiting can prevent a lot of damage. Also, if you've got enough DPS and have a Shadow Priest, consider having the priest Mind Control one of the Gladiators. The abilities they have can substantially help the group and the gladiator can normally take on about 3 of the mobs(if they're damage already) by himself.
- A Shadowmoon Acolyte can be Mind Controlled by a Priest, and has a 105 Resist Shadow buff that lasts 1 hour. There are only a few of these mobs in the instance and they appear before the first boss. This buff is extremely helpful to your party for the first boss fight as much of his damage is shadow. However, there is a 15 second cooldown on the Acolyte's buff, keeping him mind controlled can be difficult, and the cooldown often resets when MC breaks. It may take many tries to get the whole party buffed with this method. Make sure your party understands that this make take some time. Have the priest buff the tank, then himself first in case the group loses patience and wants to move along.
|How to find the entrance|
| How to find the entrance to The Shattered Halls - World of Warcraft(04:08)|
Known Issues and Bugs Edit
- Mind controlling the last mob of a pack including a Shattered Hand Legionnaire can lead to the entire group respawning. An obvious workaround is dropping the Mind Control in time. May also occur with the gladiator packs. (03/19/07)