|Cooldown||10 sec (GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon|
- The pain from the blade is the least of your worries.
Shiv is a core rogue ability learned at level 74. In addition to dealing damage, it is used to instantly apply a more concentrated form of the rogue's current active non-lethal poison and to dispel an Enrage effect.
Shiv has a variety of uses:
- Dispelling a boss or player Enrage effect.
- Though it is not explicitly mentioned in the tooltip, it has been confirmed many times that Shiv cannot be dodged. It may also be unable to be parried or blocked. This makes it useful in PVP situations when your opponent is low on life and uses a temporary avoidance boost (such as Evasion).
Base poison/concentrated form
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Deadly Poison will now apply properly when Shiv is the attack used to break a .
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This ability can no longer generate a critical strike, and the poisons it applies cannot be critical strikes either.