- The pain from the blade is the least of your worries.
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Shiv is a Rogue ability learned at level 70. It is used to instantly apply the poison from the Rogue's offhand weapon or to dispel an Enrage effect. Its energy cost depends on the speed of the offhand weapon used.
Shiv has a variety of uses:
- Dispelling a boss or player Enrage effect.
- Building combo points and stacking Deadly Poison for Envenom.
- Ensuring your stacks of Deadly Poison do not fall off the target.
- Instantly applying Crippling Poison, Mind-Numbing Poison, or Wound Poison, especially for PVP.
- Though it is not explicitly mentioned in the tooltip, it has been confirmed many times that Shiv cannot be dodged. It may also be unable to be parried or blocked. This makes it useful in PVP situations when your opponent is low on life and uses a temporary avoidance boost (such as Evasion).
The energy cost of the ability depends on the speed of the off-hand weapon:
20 + (10 * weapon speed) = Energy consumption
So, with a 1.8 speed off-hand:
20 + (10 * 1.8) = 38 energy
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Deadly Poison will now apply properly when Shiv is the attack used to break a .
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This ability can no longer generate a critical strike, and the poisons it applies cannot be critical strikes either.