|Cooldown||40 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Shockwave is a warrior talent available at level 60. It provides a point-blank area of effect cone (similar to Cone of Cold) to a distance of about 10 yards. It does considerable damage and a four second stun.
Modified by Edit
Tips and tactics Edit
- Use right after a pull in a group of mobs, then Thunder Clap, wait for the stun effect to wear off and use Shield Block for initial damage mitigation and good threat boost. Requires the usage of Charge, Bloodrage or Rage Potion to provide sufficient Rage.
- Can be used to (mass) counterspell and to stun running mobs, if timed correctly.
- Because of the considerable damage, this skill should always be on cooldown along with Thunder Clap when AOE tanking. Care must be taken not to overlap this skill's stun debuff with the duration of Shield Block to maximize damage mitigation.
- Very useful in clearing trash mobs. As Area of Effect spells like Death and Decay or Blizzard begin to break aggro, use Shockwave to hold them tight through the end of the spell.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Shockwave now has a 40-second cooldown (was 20 seconds), and striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Minor update.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.