|Major settlements||Cenarion Hold|
|Minor settlements||Twilight Base Camp|
|Location||West of Un'Goro Crater|
Silithus is one of the insect infested sections of southern Kalimdor. This area houses a section of the once great Aqiri empire, known as Ahn'Qiraj. It is currently uninhabited, but the central temple is sealed off by the night elves, who attempted to prevent an infestation from breaking out. Judging by the ruins in the area, as well as the massive Silithid colonies, they were unsuccessful in their attempt. The Cenarion Circle maintains a constant presence in Silithus at Cenarion Hold. From here, they monitor the Silithids, whom some believe to be a force so powerful and threatening that the Alliance and Horde must ally to combat it. In addition to the Cenarion Druids, a second, more ominous presence has recently made itself known in Silithus. The bronze dragonflight, Nozdormu's brood, has returned to the desert for the first time in ten thousand years.
Silithus has been fleshed out as a major quest hub with episodic storylines that extend into its depths and past its borders. The redesign of this zone includes a high-end outdoor quest area for solo players, while 5-man groups can tackle outdoor raid bosses. The repeatable quests can lead to epic items as a casual alternative to raid dungeons.
In Patch 1.12, objective based world PvP was introduced into Silithus. A new crystalline substance called "Silithyst" has been discovered, and both the Horde and Alliance have taken an interest in it. Players collect the dust where they can, but must be careful they are not ambushed by opposing faction members before they can make their drop-off. See The Silithyst Must Flow for details.
Silithus has for thousands of years held the prison of the Qiraji, trapped behind the Scarab Wall in the aftermath of the War of the Shifting Sands. The Qiraji's servants, the silithids, have since multiplied and spread across southern Kalimdor. Seeing this, the night elves decided to reopen the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj to put an end to the Qiraji threat once and for all.
CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
It seems the cataclysm had no effect on Silithus. The landscape, quest, enemies, and NPCs have been left unchanged. However, it is worth mentioning that the non-instanced Ahn'Qiraj has become a separate zone, Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom.
This huge desert lies in the southwestern tip of Kalimdor. The rock and sand terrain is broken up only by the massive hives of the silithid.
Silithus is the location of two raid dungeons, the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. There are also several micro dungeons. Though there are no battlegrounds in this area, there is some outdoor PvP available.
Maps and subregions
|Dungeon Name||Level Range||Group Size||Approximate Run Time|
|Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||10-man||Unknown|
|Temple of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||40-man||Unknown|
Flight Master Locations
Regions Adjacent to Silithus
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access||Access|
|Feralas||35-40||North||from Cenarion Hold to Feathermoon Stronghold||from Cenarion Hold to Camp Mojache or Stonemaul Hold|
|Un'Goro Crater||50-55||East||By foot east; from Cenarion Hold to Marshal's Stand or Mossy Pile||By foot east; from Cenarion Hold to Marshal's Stand or Mossy Pile|
- Main article: Silithus NPCs
Silithus is home to several characters of note. At Cenarion Hold, Commander Mar'alith seeks information about his missing wife, who was last seen in the company of the silithid. At Bronzebeard Encampment, Rutgar Glyphshaper helps him unravel the mystery and inquires as to the whereabouts of the famous explorer Brann Bronzebeard. And at the Ravaged Twilight Camp, Highlord Demitrian has a mission of great importance to the most experienced heroes - face off against Prince Thunderaan and defeat him.
- Main article: Silithus quests
|This article or section is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Silithus is a desert stretch of land, arid and hostile. Miners will find various spots of Thorium ore all over the area, both small, rich and ooze-covered, above ground and in tunnels wherever the Silithid have dug their hives.
Notes, Tips, & Additional Info
- Silithus is one of the two outdoor PvP zones in Azeroth, the other being Eastern Plaguelands.
- Silithus was completely revamped in patch 1.8 to coincide with the opening of Ahn'Qiraj.
- There's a well hidden Tauren Village on the "shores" of Silithus, only accessible by swimming from Tanaris.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005):
- Cenarion Hold added.
- The flight paths in Silithus have been moved from Valor's Rest to the new Cenarion Hold. Characters that previously discovered the Valor's Rest flight path will be treated as having discovered the Cenarion Hold flight path.
- A neutral graveyard has been added to Silithus at Cenarion Hold. With the addition of this graveyard, characters dying in Silithus will be sent to whichever graveyard they are closer to when they die: Valor's Rest or Cenarion Hold.
- The Silithus area map has been modified and its scale has changed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Twilight's Hammer creatures in Silithus can now be pickpocketed.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Discovering Valor's Rest now also pops the Southwind Village puzzle piece on the Silithus area map.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Silithus has been itemized.