The Singing Pools[70.5, 42.5] is one of the areas that pandaren train on the Wandering Isle. It is located due east of the Temple of Five Dawns. There are a number of unique pools within the area, the magic contained within them transforming the unknowing into small animals as soon as they touch the waters. Pandaren train within other pools, learning balance and fighting skills while atop balance poles.
- Quest givers
Not all the pools transform players; only the pools that have signs on their perimeters. Below are the associated buffs. It should be noted that the cranes in the area become hostile to transformed players who have been transformed in the turtle and frog pools.
- "Skunk Pool" [65.6, 42.5]
- "Turtle Pool" [69.1, 52.9]
- "Frog Pool" [61.5, 47.9]
- "Crane Pool" [79.5, 50]
- "Crocodile Pool" [73.9, 53.9]
Quest notes Edit
- According to : Over the many ages of Shen-zin Su, animals have died in some of these magical pools. Through their deaths, their spirits were infused into the waters, and anyone touching those waters will take their form.
- The last house[82.6, 53.9] down the road to the Dai-Lo Farmstead is currently uninhabited; it did have a functioning mailbox, but this was removed in subsequent beta builds.
- The Singing Pools curse are a reference to a popular Japanese manga and anime by Rumiko Takahashi called Ranma 1/2. The protagonist and other characters would turn into an animal from the pool they fell in when doused with cold water, but turn back to normal with hot water. The protagonist, Ranma Saotome, would turn into a red-haired girl when hit with cold water; his greatest rival, Ryoga Hibiki, would turn into a black piglet; his father, Genma Saotome, would become a large Panda Bear, and it was actually due to Ranma and Genma fighting atop bamboo poles and knocking each other, and later Ryoga, into the cursed pool of Poor Drowned (something or other) that caused each to be cursed (Frog, Girl, Panda, Kitten, Black Piglet, Twins, Child, Man, Duck, Octopus, Bird, and Yet-Riding-Bull-carrying-Crane-and-Eel, are just some of the more infamous ones from the series).
Patch changes Edit
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): Added.