|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
- It adds injury to insult.
Sinister Strike is a core rogue ability learned at level one. It is a combat ability that deals normal damage plus a large percentage of extra weapon damage. You must have a melee weapon to perform. This move's relatively low energy cost coupled with its excellent damage make it one of the most important tools in the rogue's combat arsenal.
- Unlike abilities such as or , Sinister Strike can be used on any mob, in any position, in any combat state, and has no refresh rate beyond its energy requirement.
- Must be facing your target, and you must have a melee weapon equipped (and not be "disarmed").
- The 4 piece bonus of the Bonescythe Armor Set gives you 5 energy for every one of your Sinister Strike critical hits.
- The 6 piece bonus of the Bonescythe Armor Set reduces the threat generated from your Sinister Strike by 8%.
- The 4 piece bonus of the Slayer's Armor Set increases the damage of your Sinister Strike by 6%.
- Often abbreviated to 'SS'.
- Although positioning isn't a requirement for using Sinister Strike, it is still recommended that you try to position yourself behind the mob you are attacking, as attacks from behind cannot be blocked or parried.
- It is recommended that you use a weapon with the highest average damage that you can attain for your main hand when using Sinister Strike, as the damage from Sinister Strike is calculated from a range between your weapon's minimum and maximum damage.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Sinister Strike only awards a Combo Point at level 3, when becomes available.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The tooltip on this ability will now update properly from talents which increase its damage by a percentage.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Now uses normalized attack power.