|Map designer(s)||Cenarius2 & Benitoperezgald|
Skeletons is a Warcraft III map made by a fan.
- It takes place around the time of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.
Is about skeletons that are summoned to Hellfire Peninsula by the Lich King to fight each other to become the new Champion of the Lich King. They fight to death or can join to defeat Magtheridon and his lair. They can also join to defeat the Black Temple, but it only reaches to Teron Gorefiend (there are plans of expanding it to Illidan Stormrage).
Is like an RPG, but in this map you cannot save or load your character. You must select first a hero, you can choose between a Skeleton Archer, Skeleton Murloc, Skeleton Marine, Skeleton Warrior, Skeleton Grunt, Skeleton Mage. To win you must kill other skeletons (players). You fight in an area with creeps, shops and skeletons. You can ally to attack Magtheridon's hellfire citadel or Black Temple to obtain strong items from the Bosses.
Based on the Fan Map "Skeleton Quarrel", the general idea was taken from it. But there are many things that weren't in that map like other heros, spells, Instances, enemies, etc.
- Taken most of the names from the RPG Tibia.
- The Magtheridons Citadel is based on the Lord of Outland stage of the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Blood elf campaign.
- Black Temple is an exact replica of the World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade instance. Same terrain, units, units spells, bosses, bosses drops, summons. Teron Gorefiend is based on the one of Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
- Thanks to Retera for the Skeleton Marine model (found in google).
- Thanks to DonDustin for the Skeleton Murloc model (from Hiveworkshop).
- Thanks to Kitabatake for the Footman Armor and Helmet model (from Hiveworkshop).
- Thanks to jatter2 for the OrcAxe and trisword model (from Hiveworkshop).
- Thanks to -SkatinG_CoW- for the Shoulderplates(lowpoly) model (from Hiveworkshop).
- Thanks to Necrokenis for the Teron Gorefiend model (from Hiveworkshop).
- Thanks to SirNathan for the Magician Staff model (from Hiveworkshop).
- Thanks to Pyritie for the Caster Hand attachments model (from Hiveworkshop).