|Race||Stone drake (Dragonkin)|
4,149,000 (heroic mode)
- Normal: Move out of Lava Fissures (warned by crack in floor under you). Avoid falling Stalactites (warned by black spot on floor). Healer needs to take care to keep LOS on group members, since Stalactites block LOS.
- Heroic: Get behind a Stalactite when Crystal Storm is cast.
- —Deals 10000 Fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards. In addition, a pool of lava forms which deals 5000 Fire damage per second to all enemies with 5 yards. Lasts 10 sec.
- —Unlimited range, 2.5 sec cast, Deals 9425 to 10575 Nature damage to all enemies every 0.5 sec. Lasts 6 sec. This spell requires line of sight.
- It takes awhile for him to spawn, but he lands in the big open area a little down the hill from where he's first seen. When combat is initiated, the entrance/exit to this arena become barricaded. He will randomly breathe and spawn the lava circles. Periodically, He disengages and flies a few meters off the ground, and chunks of the ceiling fall on players. There are shadows indicating where a stalactite will fall, so players have plenty of time to move. A fairly straightforward encounter.
- The real challenge here is line of sight. It's a good idea to mark the healer and make sure the tank is in LoS when dodging stalactites. The cone breath means that the tank should face Slabhide away from the group, but the tank has to stay visible to the healer. Thus, the DPS should maneuver around to avoid the breath. DPS also needs to make sure they are in LoS of the healer.
- In heroic mode, when Slabhide lands when the air phase is done, he will AOE the group with Crystal Storm, everyone needs to take cover by hiding in the chunks of ceiling that drops in the air phase, if anyone is not in cover will probably die.
VideosHow to Solo Stonecore Normal as a lvl 85 Protection Paladin part 1(13:48)
0 views Heroic Stonecore Guide - Slabhide(02:57)
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): The ground phase lasts longer and has fewer stalactites.
- Hotfix (2010-12-21): Slabhide can no longer be killed while he's in his air phase, and can be properly killed when he's back on the ground.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.