|Slice and Dice|
|Improved Slice and Dice|
|Requirements||Requires melee weapon|
Slice and Dice makes quick work of enemies by allowing you to attack more quickly than normally. It increases the speed at which hits are delivered, allowing more poison applications within a given time frame.
The Above table would give you at lvl 80 a Haste rating of 960 for the duration of the SnD. Using the formula of +1% increase is equal to 32 points of Haste at lvl 80.
- The duration is relatively short without Improved Slice and Dice.
- The 3 piece bonus of the Emblems of Veiled Shadows armor set reduces the energy cost of Slice and Dice by 10, for a total of 15 energy.
- The 2 piece set bonus of the Netherblade set, rogue tier 4, increases the duration of Slice and Dice by 3 seconds.
- The 2 piece set bonus of the Slayer's Armor set, rogue tier 6, increases the haste of Slice and Dice by 5%.
- Improved Slice and Dice increases the duration of Slice and Dice by 25% per point, up to 50%.
Tips and tactics
- Slice and Dice is the best finishing move to use in raid situations. Because it increases your white damage by 40%, and most damage in a raid comes from white damage, it should always be up.
- The attack speed increase from Blade Flurry stacks with Slice and Dice, also stacks with Lightning Reflexes (increase the haste by 4/7/10%).
- The best strategy for slice and dice in raid setups is as follows, Garrote and immediately cast SnD, build 3 combo points and refresh SnD slightly before it ends, then build 5 combo points and refresh just before it is about to end / your energy would tick over 100 (this works assuming you are using Sinister Strike and have 2/2 Improved Slice and Dice, also know as 1 3 5 SnD). At this point you can alternate 5 combo point SnD and Rupture until the boss is dead.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%, up from 30%.
Affects final rank.