Any placeable object can mark terrain, but in order to be useful the marking object must be:
- Visible over a distance - in WoW, the Smoke Flare smoke column are as visible as any large object gets.
- Persistent - the Smoke Flare smoke columns persist for five minutes.
Some uses that people have come up with:
- marking locations for raids
- smoke bomb the Flag Rooms in the Warsong Gulch battleground
- props for floor shows and fashion shows
|Smoke Flare||PC Source||NPC Source||Vend Price||Quantity||Other Source|
|Engineering (335)|| <Engineering Supplies>|
|Engineering (335)||<Engineering Supplies>||10||Limited (3)|
|Smoke Flare Schematic||Source||Vend Price||Quantity||Bind||Reputation required|
| <Engineering Supplies>|
|<Cenarion Expedition Quartermaster>||6||Unlimited||BoP||Cenarion Expedition - Friendly|
The crafted and vended Smoke Flares do not bind, and can be bought and sold at the Auction House.
All of the Smoke Flares share a five second cooldown, including the quest item.
The Smoke Flares are cheap recipes for increasing engineering skill from 335. The White Smoke Flare is the cheapest, lacking a dye, and the White Smoke Flare schematic is the most readily available. It's skill up chance starts out at yellow at 335 and turns green at skill 345.