|Spirit of Redemption|
|Location||Holy, Tier 5|
Spirit of Redemption is a tier 4 Holy priest talent. Upon death, the priest becomes the Spirit of Redemption for 15 sec. The Spirit of Redemption cannot move, attack, be attacked or targeted by any spells or effects. While in this form the priest can cast any healing spell free of cost. When the effect ends, the priest dies. Upon death you take on the appearance of a Spirit Healer hovering above your crumpled body.
Only pure healing spells can be cast while Spirit of Redemption is active, which means that many defensive spells (including Dispel Magic, Resurrection and Power Word: Shield) are disabled, as well as Holy Nova, which is also a damaging spell. However, there is no connection to a specific school or tree.
Tips & tactics
While the priest is in Spirit of Redemption form, any healing spell is free of cost, which makes highly effective and expensive spells (such as AoE spells) especially useful. It is advisable to use spare time by casting preemptive spells like Renew and Prayer of Mending.
In some cases, an oom priest can sacrifice themself to activate the Spirit of Redemption and prevent a full wipe. For example, in long, chaotic, or mana-intensive fights such as against Blackheart the Inciter, when coupled with a soulstone it allows the priest to save the group from a wipe as he uses all his mana while alive, gets free heals as the spirit, uses the soulstone to resurrect and heal some more, and again gets free heals as the spirit.
- The Glyph of Spirit of Redemption improves this talent by increasing the duration of the spirit form on death by 6 seconds.
- The spell's description is possibly a reference to Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi tells Darth Vader that "if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine," moments before Vader's lightsaber cleaves right through him.
- Sometimes Spirit of Redemption is jokingly referred to as "Improved Death".
- Spirit of Redemption is sometimes referred to as "Fail Angel," implying that the priest either "failed to keep him/herself alive" or that a tank "failed to hold threat" on a mob that killed the priest.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Spirit of Redemption has been upgraded to give 5% spirit to the priest that invests in the talent as well as lasting 5 more seconds than it used to.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Tooltip updated to be more clear.