- Sometimes you just have to get away from it all.
Sprint provides a 8 second speed boost, outpacing almost anything on Azeroth for that short time.
- Improved Sprint gives Sprint a 50%/100% chance to break movement impairing effects.
- Endurance reduces the cooldown of Sprint by 30/60 seconds.
- Preparation immediately finishes the cooldown of Evasion, Sprint, Vanish, Cold Blood, Premeditation, and Shadowstep.
- Glyph of Sprint increases its movement speed bonus by 30%
- Glyph of Blurred Speed allows you to run on water while Sprint is active.
- The boots from the level 60 rogue PvP armor sets increases the duration of sprint by 3 seconds.
- Sprint and , one of new Worgen race's racial abilities which grants increased speed, can be used immediately after each other, making Worgen rogues especially tough to catch. Their sprint can out run mounts below level 40 for a short time, and their Darkflight can outrun most enemies on foot. Darkflight has a 3 minute cooldown so the this combo can only be expected so often.
- For PvP, you may wish to save sprint mostly for chasing down your fleeing enemies, especially once you get and .
- In PvE, sprint provides a very useful "get out of jail free" card, especially when combined with .
- The Sprint functionality is identical to the effects of the created with the Alchemy skill, except the potion will break stealth.
- Use Sprint to quickly close the distance on enemies that are trying to snare you or otherwise keep their distance. Especially useful against hunters and mages who've just blinked away.
- Use Sprint in combination with and to become a formidable flag carrier in Warsong Gulch.
- Use Sprint to beat everyone else to that mining node, herb or treasure chest.
- If you're sure you won't be fighting much on the trip, Sprint can be used before level 20 to help cover long distances.
- If you're making a Bank Alt, and don't mind leveling it to 10, then picking a Rogue can save you a lot of time running from the Auction House to the mailbox because of Sprint.
- Sprint can be combined with the , and to allow very quick getaway from battles for alliance Subtlety rogues. Night Elves might find this especially useful due to their natural speed bonus in stealth, making this much more effective. Combining Sprint and Vanish in a Macro may make this even more convenient. One may also find useful to add to this combination to avoid having damaging spells canceling their stealth.
Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Changed to have a lower effect time (8 sec from 15 sec) and fixed at maximum speed increase (70% from 50/60./70%).
/ Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Cooldown reduced to 3 min.
Patch 1.11.1 (28-Jun-2006): Added.