|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Plain DKP.
|Source information needed!
This method of earning DKP is what's usually meant if DKP is used as a generic term.
Popular reasons to hand out DKP include:
- On-time: at the starting time of the event, all members present receive a reward for punctuality
- Replacement: If a raid member drops out, a readily available replacement receives a bonus
- Duration: At the end of the raid, a reward is given for staying for the duration
- Time spent: For each hour spent in the raid, a certain amount of DKP is handed out
- Boss kill: Each boss killed yields a certain number of points, depending on boss difficulty
- First kill: If a boss is killed for the very first time, an extra bonus is awarded to all participants
- Points for tasks: Some systems expand "raid-related tasks" to include all activity that benefits the guild, like farming runs to acquire potions, runs for learning new encounters or donations to the guild item vault.