- This article is about the 25-man raid instance. For the history of the Sunwell and WCIII appearances, see Sunwell. See also Sunwell Plateau guild progression.
|Sunwell Plateau loading graphic|
|Location||Isle of Quel'Danas|
The Sunwell Plateau is a raid instance located on the Isle of Quel'Danas north of Silvermoon City. Blizzard planned for it to become the hardest raid instance in the game until the release of Wrath of the Lich King. The Sunwell Plateau is tuned for Tier 6-geared players and the gear that drops from the first three bosses are additional Tier 6 items (boots, belt and bracers), and non-set epics as well.
The instance contains both outdoor areas and building interiors, where players will find captured naaru, which are the primary power source of the town, and inside the final building the Sunwell itself.
The architecture of the Sunwell Plateau is comparable to that of Silvermoon City.
The instance was open to players right from the start of patch 2.4, but the last 3 bosses were only available as each gate - which blocked the next boss encounter - opened over a set period of time on all servers. (Although this happened on maintenance day, so the US had an apparent one day advantage over the EU servers) The first gate was opened on 8 April 2008 in the US, two weeks after the patch went live. The second gate opened after weekly maintenance on April 29, 2008. The third and final gate was opened on May 20, 2008 on US realms. The difficulty of the instance was set at the first 3 bosses being on par with Tier 6 encounters, and then the last three and increasing from each.
Dungeon Denizens Edit
- Arcane guardians
- Blood elves
- Blue dragons (two, Kalecgos and Madrigosa)
- Dreadlord (one, Sathrovarr the Corruptor)
- Felblood elves
- Fel dragon (one, Felmyst)
- Fel reavers
- Floating eyes
- Naaru (one, M'uru)
- Pit lord (one, Brutallus)
- Rats (critters)
- Void God (one, Entropius)
- Void terrors
Note that nearly every mob in the instance has the Sunwell Radiance buff, increasing melee hit by 5% and reducing opposing chance to dodge by 20%.
A scripted event will occur after Kil'jaeden's defeat.
|Agamath, the First Gate|
|Rohendor, the Second Gate|
|Archonisus, the Final Gate|
The final fight Edit
- Kil'Jaeden yells: The expendable have perished... So be it! Now I shall succeed where Sargeras could not! I will bleed this wretched world and secure my place as the true master of the burning legion. The end has come! Let the unravelling of the world commence!
- Kalecgos yells: You are not alone. The Blue Dragonflight shall help you vanquish the deceiver.
- Kil'Jaeden yells: Who can you trust?
- Kalecgos yells: Anveena! You must awaken, this world needs you!
- Anveena yells: I serve only the Master now.
- Kil'Jaeden yells: I will not be denied! This world shall fall!
- Kil'Jaeden yells: Who can you trust?
- Kalecgos yells: You must let go! You must become what you were always meant to be! The time is now, Anveena!
- Anveena yells: But... I'm lost... I cannot find my way back!
- Kil'Jaeden yells: The enemy is among you.
- Kalecgos yells: Anveena! I love you! Focus on my voice, come back for me now! Only you can cleanse the Sunwell!
- Anveena yells: Kalec... Kalec?
- Kalecgos yells: Yes Anveena! Let fate embrace you now
- Anveena yells: The nightmare is over, the spell is broken! Goodbye, Kalec, my love
- Kil'Jaeden yells: Nooooooooooooo!
- Kil'Jaeden: Kil'Jaeden's portal fails and he is banished to the Twisting Nether. He has been defeated.
- Kalecgos says: Goodbye Anveena my love. Few will remember your name, yet this day you changed the course of destiny. What was once corrupt, is now pure. Heroes, do not let her sacrifice be in vain.
- Velen says: Mortal heroes - your victory here today was foretold long ago. My brother's anguished cry of defeat will echo across the universe - bring renewed hope to all those who still stand against the Burning Crusade.
- Velen says: As the Legion's final defeat draws ever-nearer. Stand proud in the knowledge that you have saved worlds without number from the flame.
- Velen says: Just as this day marks an ending, so too does it herald a new beginning...
- Velen: casts a spell, and M'uru in his void state draws near to the Sunwell.
- Velen says: The creature, Entropius, whom you were forced to destroy, was once the noble Naaru M'uru. In life M'uru channelled vast energies of LIGHT and HOPE. For a time, a misguided few sought to steal those energies.
- Lady Lladrin says: Our arrogance was unpardonable. We damned one of the most noble beings of all time. We may never atone for this sin.
- Velen says: Then fortunate it is, that I have reclaimed the noble naaru's spark from where it fell! Where faith dwells, hope is never lost, young blood elf.
- Lady Lladrin says: Can it be?
- M'uru: sparks, and then disappears
- Velen says: Gaze now mortals - upon the heart OF M'URU! Unblemished. Bathed by the light of Creation. Just as it was at the dawn.
- The Sunwell: violently reignites! Sending a pillar of arcane magic into the sky!
- Velen says: In time the light, and hope held within will rebirth more than this mere font of power... Mayhap, they will rebirth the soul of a nation.
- Lady Lladrin says: Blessed Ancestors! I feel it... so much love... so much grace... there are no words... impossible to describe...
- Velen says: Salvation, young one. It waits for us all.
- Velen says: Farewell...
- Parhelion Plaza
- Apex Point (Kalecgos)
- Inner Veil (Sathrovarr the Corruptor)
- Den of Iniquity
- The Dead Scar (Brutallus, Felmyst)
- Sanguine Chamber
- Agamath, the First Gate
- Terrace of the Sun
- Witch's Sanctum (Eredar Twins)
- Rohendor, the Second Gate
- Shrine of the Eclipse (M'uru, Entropius)
- Archonisus, the Final Gate
- The Sunwell (Kil'jaeden)
Videos EditSunwell Plateau(09:57)
210 views World of Warcraft - Sunwell Plateau Trailer(03:16)
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Added
- ^ Tigole 2008-03-07. Essence of Immortals plea for help..... Archived from the original on 2008-03-07. Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- Most players call this raid "Sunwell Plateau" for the subzone name, but the official site calls it just "The Sunwell".
- Other info