Support Availability Edit
Players seeking support from Blizzard must go through the Battle.net support site, which contains a search function, support articles, and the option to get help from Blizzard support. Depending on the player's selection, and the time of day, the site may offer the option to enter a web ticket, request live web chat, or schedule a callback from a representative. Blizzard does not offer any phone numbers or email addresses for support.
In World of Warcraft EditThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
In World of Warcraft, the term "support" usually means a type of class that can be useful in groups without engaging in direct combat most of the time. Healing classes are often considered "support" classes, but the term is vague and not well defined.
Blizzard Support Edit
The term "support" typically refers to Blizzard's Game Masters, technical support, and account support staff.
Blizzard's support center on the Battle.net website allows players to login and track support tickets and responses from representatives:
World of Warcraft Edit
In-Game Knowledgebase Edit
- Main article: Customer Support window
Since Patch 5.3, players have been able to use the in-game support browser to search and browse the Battle.net support knowledge base for World of Warcraft. Players can also file tickets and request web chat or callbacks the same as on the website.
Web site Edit
- Installation and Patching Issues
- Connection Issues
- Crashes, Errors, Lockups
- Video and Sound Issues
- Character Problems
- In-Game General Questions
- Bugs and Environmental Issues
- Quest Issues
- Player Disputes
- Account Creation and Maintenance
- Password/Account Recovery
- Account Action and Closure Disputes
- Billing and Payment Information
- Purchasing Game Licenses and Value-Added Services
- Orders with the Blizzard Store
Over the years, Blizzard has changed the contact channels available to players, including the removal of email support and direct phone numbers. Some players have reacted negatively to these changes, feeling that it is becoming more difficult to get assistance, particularly with live issues such as account compromise.
When the callback system replaced traditional phone support in January 2014, Blizzard explained that the new system eliminates time spent on hold and allows the site/representative to quickly collect useful details about the case.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2013-04-10. In-game Browser and Support Tools in 5.3. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
Blizzard Entertainment 2013-04-09. In-game Support Site Access and Tools in 5.3. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2014-01-10. Blizzard Customer Support Callback. Official World of Warcraft Community site (NA).
See also Edit
- Battle.net Item Restoration
- Billing support
- Character Services
- Guild Services
- Help request
- Technical support
- Official forums
- Official site
General support Edit
World of Warcraft support Edit