Web Chat and Phone Number Availability
In January 2013, Blizzard introduced live in-browser web chat as a support channel, and changed how the Battle.net Support website makes contact channels available to players. Depending on the player's selections, the support site offers the option to either file a ticket, use web chat, or call a phone number. As part of this change, Blizzard no longer lists phone numbers for support widely on the site.
In World of WarcraftThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
In World of Warcraft, the term "support" usually means a type of class that can be useful in groups without engaging in direct combat most of the time. Healing classes are often considered "support" classes, but the term is vague and not well defined.
Sometimes, support can refer to Blizzard's Billing, Customer, Game or Technical Support accessible by phone, e-mail, web, or in-game.
Blizzard has recently updated their general support site for tracking support tickets (requires login):
World of Warcraft
- Main article: Customer Support window
- Blizzard Downloader, Connection Issues
- Crashes, Errors, Lockups, Video and Sound Issues
- Installation Issues
- In-Game General Questions
- Bugs and Environmental Issues
- Quest Issues
- Player Disputes
- Character Problems
- Getting Started / Account Setup
- Authentication Keys
- Billing and Payment Information
- Account Maintenance & Information
- Password/Account Recovery
- Account Action and Closure Disputes
- Unauthorized Character Transfer Assistance
- Disabled Account Retrieval
- Battle.net Item Restoration
- Billing support
- Help request
- Technical support
- Official forums
- Official site
World of Warcraft support