|Talent tree||Arms, Tier 3|
|Requirements||Requires Melee weapon|
Sweeping Strikes is a Tier 3 talent in the Warrior's Arms tree. It is a 10 second self-buff, costs 30 Rage and functions similarly to Cleave; for the next 10 seconds, all melee attacks hit both the target, and an additional nearby opponent as well. This applies to any abilities used within the duration as well.
- Requires Melee Weapon Equipped.
- Stacks with Cleave, causing four attacks on two enemies every swing
- Damage dealt from a Sweeping Strike will never crit.
- Sweeping Strikes will not cause Execute to strike a nearby opponent unless the nearby opponent has less than 20% health (does not consume a charge of Sweeping Strikes either).
- If you use a special attack like Slam or Mortal Strike on an opponent, it will strike the nearest opponent if you have Sweeping Strikes up. In the case of Mortal Strike, though, only the damage is dealt; the second mob will not get the debuff from the attack.
Tips and Tactics
Using Sweeping Strikes in combination with Cleave against two enemies will grant two hits against each enemy, for a total of four hits in one swing. However, it will also use two charges of Sweeping Strikes.
In a tight spot with two mobs on you, combining this with Retaliation can swing the battle in your favor.
Sweeping Strikes doesn't always work; if you don't see the damage above the second mob's head, chances are the enemies aren't positioned correctly. Try to move around so that they're close together and standing side-by-side to get the effect of the ability.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Mechanics changed
- Hotfix (2009-12-17): "Sweeping Strikes will now only trigger once per whirlwind rotation of Bladestorm."
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Corrected inaccurate information in combat log tooltip.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Death Wish and Sweeping Strikes have swapped locations in their respective talent trees.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007):
- Sweeping Strikes and Death Wish have swapped locations in the talent trees.
- Sweeping Strikes now lasts 10 seconds and affects your next 10 swings.
- This ability now works correctly in all cases with shielded targets.
Before the patch, the number of swings was 5.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Sweeping Strikes will now ignore dead targets, and will ignore PvP enabled targets if you are not PvP enabled.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Sweeping Strikes bug fixed. It will hit more reliably and show up in combat log correctly.