|The subject of this article has been removed from World of Warcraft.|
Swift Zhevra was a special mount that players could earn only through the Recruit-A-Friend program.
Prior to April 27, 2010, it was possible to earn this mount as a reward bonus of the Recruit-A-Friend system, once the recruit had bought World of Warcraft and 60 days of playtime. This reward bonus has since been surpassed by the
X-53 Touring Rocket was originally the second special mount that players could earn only through the Recruit-A-Friend program. The X-53 was available to players who claimed their RAF reward between April 27, 2010 and July 15, 2012. It replaced the [Swift Zhevra] reward, and was then replaced by the [Heart of the Nightwing].
In Patch 5.4.1, the Recruit-A-Friend program was updated to include a choice of one mount from all current and previous Recruit-A-Friend mounts, and one companion from Asian-only promotions.
- The X-53 is one of only two flying mounts available in the game that allow for multiple passengers. It originally scaled to match the speed of your fastest owned mount, up to 310% flight speed.
- The X-53 is likely based off the X-52 rocket located in Area 52, Netherstorm.
- Using this mount players who don't have cold weather flying can get the explorer achievement with some help from a friend.
- Summoning this mount triggers the global cooldown, unlike most other mounts.
- As of Patch 4.0.1 the rocket can now be ridden as a ground mount in no fly zones at 100% ground speed.
- As the Patch 3.3.5 and 3.3.5a,(World of warcraft: wrath of the lich king expansion),It was the only two passengers flying mount.. As of the new Recruit a Friend system, updated November 12th, 2013, you can acquire all of the older RAF mounts as well as a new option or one of the four new pets. As always you can only claim one reward per eligible RAF invite.
The mount was mailed in-game to the selected character by Master Handler Sylvester. With the item is a rather unique letter:
FROM: Nesingwary Exotic Mount Supply Co. LLC
CONTENTS OF CRATE:
- One (1) Zhevra
- One (1) Zhevra Saddle
- Four (4) Zhevra Hooves
- Two (2) Spare Zhevra Hooves
- DO NOT OBSTRUCT AIR HOLES -
Patch changes Edit
- Hotfix (2010-04-27): "Time is running out for those who wish to claim their Zhevra, as the launch of the X-53 Touring Rocket is now scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 27! If you’ve fulfilled all of the Recruit-A-Friend requirements necessary to claim a mount now but choose not to claim the Zhevra, you will be able to claim the X-53 Touring Rocket instead once it launches. Sounds like they’re firing it up for a final test run now..."
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Added.