|Cooldown||15 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Swiftmend is a druid ability learned at level 10 for druids who have chosen the Restoration specialization. It serves as an instant emergency heal that requires either or to be active on the target.
- Swiftmend heals the target for an equal amount regardless of how much time the HoT has left.
- Swiftmend can be used either to maintain a tank's hp when he is taking damage faster than your HoT can sustain him, or as last minute save when an ally takes sudden or unexpected damage.
- In PvP (particularly battlegrounds) this is a great way to save someone when is not ready or you don't wish to expend it.
- As it is instant, Swiftmend can be cast while moving. As Rejuvenation is also instant, that means you can deliver significant amounts of healing without having to stop. This is great for both escaping from monsters and in PvP, such as for flag running in Warsong Gulch.
- During fights that tend towards spike damage it may be worthwhile to keep a HoT on individuals who do not need the healing, so that Swiftmend can be cast instantly if they suddenly sustain substantial damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Updated; changed from Consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect on a friendly target to instantly heal the target for X.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Nature's Bounty no longer affects Swiftmend, but now has a new effect. When the druid has Rejuvenation on 3 or more targets, the cast time of Nourish is reduced by 10/20/30%.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Changed from selectable talent to a specialization perk. Heals for a fixed amount rather than based on the HoT it consumes
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Riptide will no longer cause this ability to light up, and this ability will no longer sometimes consume Earthliving off the target.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Now benefits correctly from Genesis talent.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Fixed a data error that caused Swiftmend to generate more threat than intended.; This ability will now be correctly penalized for casting low rank Rejuvenations and Regrowths just as healing spells are penalized.; The button for this ability will now be greyed out when your current target does not have Rejuvenation or Regrowth.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): The talent "Swiftmend" will now include bonus healing from the talents "Improved Rejuvenation" and "Empowered Rejuvenation".
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This new talent has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point ultimate talent. It consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth aura to produce an instant heal.