I'd like to change the "note" to:
- The function cuts a sub-region out of the texture to display ingame.
- Unless you want to do rotations, use the (left,right,top,bottom) notation.
- The more complex 8-argument form allows for arbitrary affine transformations, see SetTexCoord Transformations for details.
- Basically the four points you specify still have to form a rectangle, but you can rotate and place it more freely.
- Experience with matrices is recommended since they can help you find the final coordinates of your points.
- The example below cuts out the lower left quarter of the texture file.
Prisma 12:18, 18 June 2007 (UTC)