Chicken costume? Edit
This boss has a small drop chance for a chicken costume. Is this true? (Keilden 08:15, 14 September 2007 (UTC))
- I've not heard of this on the forums, and heard no mention of this by people who enumerate the models and graphics. -- Adonran (talk · contr) 22:11, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Electrical Storm Edit
apparently there is a dark spot during electrical storm that you're supposed to run under, and he knocks a random target up in the air and they lose half their health from fall damage. it also seems like his electrical storm can be resisted, however since it can be almost completely avoided i'm not sure if there's any benefit of nature resist gear.(Ace99635 20:47, 13 October 2007 (UTC))
- also it seems that the electrical storm is more on a timer than on a percentage; and it seems the birds can be single targeted by ranged dps and killed quite easily. also the dark spot is a member of the raid being suspended in mid air. most of the fight seems to be spreading out and bunching up repeatedly while dpsing the boss.(Ace99635 21:32, 13 October 2007 (UTC))
- Just some additional info on the encounter.. First, his Electrical Storm will always target the furthest person from him, so it's easy to figure out who you need to collapse on. Second, his eagle adds don't need to be killed. They'll despawn when he summons the next batch.
- This is not correct. He will not always target the furthest person from him. We tried it, and it didn't work. Also, as a senior wiki editor once told me, please use the + sign at the top of this talk page to add topics instead of editing the page directly. -- Adonran (talk · contr) 22:11, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- If you need a Audible cue: A few seconds before the Storm, if you have ambient sound turned up, you will here a rain storm even if you dont see it. Collapse at this point and the storm will hit pretty much as soon your group gets to center or tank. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Moobinator (talk · contr).
Needs editing Edit
Someone may want to add this to the page; I didn't want to touch it, mainly because it's a wall of text, and editting walls of text usually makes them less readable. Yenn 06:17, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
- Just did a formatting rewrite to try and introduce a better flow to the strategy section and include the multi-point collapse method since many groups I've seen have issues with the full collapse have had group success with the g1/g2 collapses.
- Additional updates and clean-ups are welcome. 18:09, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
Birds don't despawn Edit
The birds he summons do not despawn. If you do not kill them, you will be swamped very quickly. I suggest having a Shadow Priest throw up a Shadow Word : Pain on each of the birds. This should do enough damage (over time, albeit) to kill them, while losing as little DPS for this purpose. Alternatively, have a Warlock spam Seed of Corruption on the boss; our Warlock was able to (barely) manage his energy with Blessing of Wisdom and Fel Energy with the occasional lifetap/lifedrain.
- AoE does not work. the birds are too spread apart and it becomes a waste of mana. Zurr T ∙ C 03:37, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
- We've found that a warlock and hunter taking care of birds works well. The Warlock does use Seed of Corruption, sometimes even on the boss himself which can hit the birds too since they're dive-bombing the melee. Not killing the birds puts too much strain on the healers... this fight is already very healing-intensive, and you don't want to bring more healers than you need to. -- Adonran (talk · contr) 06:23, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
Recommend to ignore the birds and keep dps on the boss Edit
We tried SoC on the boss and that didn't kill enough birds. The birds move quickly and run out of range. So insta cast and short cast spells are needed, too much mana/time wasted.
The best approach is to ignore them and heal through it. The biggest healing need seems to be when the person is lifted for the storm.
- I second this. I can't keep track of the birds to tell if more come each call or not, but regardless they've never posed a significant problem for us when ignored. Nirrudn 09:32, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
Effective Positioning for Storm Edit
We tried a number of different methods to this last night and noticed that there appears to be a "safe zone" of about 3-4m radius from storm center from which players will not take damage. This led us to adopt a strategy where everyone runs to about 3m away from the boss when we're less than 8 sec before the Electrical Storm, then make a slight shift when the storm appears.
The benefit here is that melee can continue attacking the boss during the storm and remain inside the safe zone regardless of who gets hit. Also, if the storm doesn't appear immediately, you have limited exposion from Static Disruption, since it will generally hit no more than 4-5 people (rather than the whole raid).
Also, we found that having everyone stand 5-6m from the boss, just outside chaining distance helps keep the birds clustered so that Seed and other AOE can be used to help thin them out without having as many range issues. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Meridun (talk · contr).
- The safe zone is actually pretty large, 10 yards according to Thottbot. I routinely start running out from under the stormee with 2 seconds left on the duration of it, and never take a hit. Nirrudn 09:32, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
Birds knock you in the air? Edit
The listing said the birds throw you in the air, but I haven't seen that. As far as I know it's only Gust of Wind that does it (and the storm, obviously). Spinn 19:15, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
Trash Movement Edit
The trash guide was a lot of text that is arguably unrelated to the actual boss. I created a sub-page at Akil'zon gauntlet but I believe a better page name would probably be Akil'zon Trash Event or something similar.
Just wanted to let someone know the instance bugged for us last week after failing trying to run this gauntlet twice it bugged out and we had no spawns after the initial two from the scout. We were cleared all the way up to the boss, lucky us :D
-Lvl 70 mage Sgtprice <Oblivion> -Thunderlord
- Basically yes, it's the same processus like ZG's bosses. So open the file to check the file name. And we'll see its little name.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 17:53, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Download a file viewer like Warcraft Studio or WoW Model Viewer. Search the boss, and instead of Akil'zon you'll find the model name. (Arlokk is named Tigon)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 18:00, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Why does he have to be a different race? He's a forest troll that took on the aspect of his god. That doesn't make him no longer a troll. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 17:56, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- Like said in the Slith and Tigon articles: "an animal-hybrid form troll high priests and prophets can take when drawing power from the great loa gods. It is thus not a proper creature race".
- No reason to add it so (same for all other ZA bosses)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 20:18, 14 July 2009 (UTC)