copied from thott :
Azuregos is a blue dragon found patrolling the SE part of Azshara in a circular motion. He can be seen passing by 58, 77.
He is non-KoS, but he can be engaged by interacting with him and choosing the option to tell him that you wish to kill him for his treasure.
He spawns every ???
Azuregos's Combat Ability
He has roughly 800,000 HPs and 30% dmg reduction once fully Sundered. He hits from 500-800 normally (1000-1200 crushing at about 33% rate and crit rate at about 5%).
His special abilities include:
- Immunities: Azuregos is immune to Arcane type spells, movement impairing effects, stuns, and incapacitate. This includes Curse of the Elements.
- Teleport: Azuregos yells: Come, little ones. Face me! This ability looks like an Arcane Explosion. This ability will teleport everyone within about a ~30 yard radius to Azuregos's belly and wipe their aggro clean. Azuregos uses this ability randomly, but it's comes as frequent as 1 every 45 seconds on average.
- Magic Shield: His Magic shield is really heard to spot. It appears like a mage's mana shield by the back of Azuregos's head. It will reflect all magic spells back to the caster, including Rogue poisons. It comes fairly regularly and time between shields is quite random. Being a Warrior, I do not notice this certain effect so much, but I don't think there's more than 15 seconds in between Magic Shield durations.
- Chill: This ability looks like a Frost Nova. It will do 744-956 Frost Damage and will slow attack speed by 75% and movement by 40% to everyone within about a 25 yard range 360 degrees around him. The slowed attack and movement lasts 30 seconds and can be dispelled. In other words, it will take you 4x longer to do normal weapon swings and moving at 60% speed is fairly annoying, especially after a Teleport. This ability is used a bit more regularly, at a frequency of about 1 every 30 seconds. You can somewhat reliably time it to come every 30 seconds, but it's up to the computer AI to determine when exactly to use it.
- Frost Breath: This ability looks like white gas coming from Azuregos's mouth. It will do about 900 Frost Damage and will freeze a target for about 5 seconds. The freeze can be dispelled and can be broken with anti-stun/immobilize PvP trinket. This ability affects everyone in a wide frontal cone-like area. This ability is used fairly randomly and, luckily, comes about as often as Chill... 1 every 30 seconds.
- Mana Storm: This ability looks like a Blizzard (rain of frost bolts). It does about 400 Frost damage every second and drains a significant amount of mana when standing within it's range. This spell is normally affecting a random area near himself (Azuregos) about 75% of the time.
- Aura of Frost/Mark of Frost: When Azuregos kills someone, they become afflicted by a Mark of Frost that follows a person through death. This Mark makes the player susceptible to the AUra of Frost. The Aura of Frost pulses every 20 seconds and freezes a player for about 45 seconds in about a 45 yard range 360 degrees.
- Cleave: Cleave does about +100 additional damage to his normal 500-800 dmg hits. His Cleave makes him attack 1 addition person in front of him and about 1/4 of Azuregos's attacks is a cleave. His attack speed is 2.0 seconds.
Aggro Management: Teleport and having the tank Frozen and Slowed makes for touchy aggro. Anyone with any threat built up against Azuregos *must* be caught in the teleport, else Azuregos will come straight to them after the teleport. After the teleport, others must consider that the MT is working from 0 threat, so will need a few seconds to build aggro before people start using their 1k dmg abilities. DPS needs to be well controlled.
Healing: This is a very long fight. Healers will run out of mana well before Azuregos is close to dead. A way to deal with this is to wait for Azuregos to teleport, so you have 0 threat and have little chance of being caught out of teleport range, and run far enough away to get out of combat (like outrunning a mob to escape combat). The healers can then drink back up to full mana and return to combat. Get a rotation going and cooridinate with others to try and make healing last longer. Healers should be healing from 25+ yards away from Azuregos.
Tanking: Tank should use high threat output and normal tanking gear. Frost Resist doesn't help much, even though over 50% of the dmg is Frost based. He should watch who is in danger of Frost Breath and Cleave and position Azuregos accordingly. After a teleport, backpedal a small amount and resume tanking. You will be facing the same way. Normal tanking operation: Defensive Stance, repeatedly apply Sunder Armor (even with 5 applications on) or Revenge, if up.
Meleers: To minimize dmg taken and preserve healer mana, melee should Range Attack from 25+ yards until they see a Chill and then engage for 20 seconds in melee and run back out to Range Attack until another Chill. Meleers should help kill adds to clear a path to escape combat and to save healers. Upon receiving dmg, possibly from a Chill/Frost Breath/Cleave following a teleport, meleers should exit combat and eat, by running away far enough immediately after a teleport. *remember to turn off attack*
Casters: Casters should wand Azuregos from 25+ yards until the notice that Magic Shield is down. Then they may cast for about 15 seconds, then return to wanding. Long lasting strong DoTs should be avoided, to avoid drawing aggro after a teleport. Casters should help kill adds to clear a path to escape combat and to save healers. Upon receiving dmg, possibly from a Chill/Frost Breath/Cleave following a teleport, casters should exit combat and eat and drink, by running away far enough immediately after a teleport.
Hunters: Hunters should auto shoot Azuregos from 25-30 yards away. It is hard to measure the distance, so Hunters should watch how far meleers run out and group up with them. Hunters may use shots at their discretion. Pets will not help much vs Azuregos, but may be used to kill adds that may patrol into the raid. Upon receiving dmg, possibly from a Chill/Frost Breath/Cleave following a teleport, casters should exit combat and eat and drink, by running away far enough immediately after a teleport.
Azuregos' death=canonical lore? Edit
Entry currently says "It is unclear whether the death of Azuregos at the hands of either the Alliance or the Horde can be considered canonical lore."
My guess, for what it's worth, is that it's not canonical lore. If it were, we'd have to consider the deaths of Weldon Barov, Alexi Barov, Nathanos Blightcaller, Drek'thar, Vanndar Stormpike or any number of other factional NPCs that players are given quests to kill as canonical lore.--Illidan Rocks 18:19, 21 October 2006 (EDT)
- And despite being the in same position gameplay-wise as Azuregos, Kazzak was never canonically killed. Generally, I think it's safe to assume that if there isn't a quest to kill someone, they aren't dead. -- Dark T Zeratul 07:11, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Azuregos exists in a perpetual state of going in and out of phase anyways it seems, between spirit and physical forms. In anycase I'm pretty sure he hasn't been killed in any official lore. He was very much alive when Brann encountered him during WoW time period in Lands of Mystery.Baggins 07:19, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Funniest NPC in the game?Edit
For a damn dragon; I'd say so. Is there any reason why Blizzard chose to give him such queer dialogue during the Shard questline, or did they do it out of the need for laughs? Anything this guy does can't be considered canonical with a set-up like that. Melaisis 22:57, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- Blue dragons are a bit...eccentric by nature. Thus the dialogue. Completely appropriate and canonical.
- And yes hysterical. Still one of my favorite memories of WoW. :D 23:09, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
Indeed, Azuregos is funny.--23:57, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
Anyone knows what would happen to him in Cataclysm? And, if he dies/get removed, should we write the possible consequences? (For example, it is would bring to an end the famous AQ gate opening event and, so, it may have as consequence an other Ahn'quiraj; C'thun is returned, after all). Malygos Helper (talk) 19:11, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Who knows? As he's a passive boss, it's entirely possible he'll still be stomping around Azshara (though I kind of doubt it). As far as the gate quest goes, well, the gates are open on all new servers going forward, so the event will never happen again. In the end, though, this is something that I don't think we'll know for sure until much closer to release (or at least the alpha). -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 19:18, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
"He is hiding in the spirit world, and has been dating a Spirit Healer."
- Why has this section been edited once more? People keep forgetting that the wikia is not here for them, but for the ones that wishes to know. And i think there is no reason to remove this fact, to the one who edited it, please, tell here your opinion before editing.Malygos Helper (talk) 17:39, October 8, 2010 (UTC)