Baron Perenolde = Baron Mordis?Edit
Maybe Baron Perenolde is Baron Valimar Mordis.
Let's put the known facts together.
- Both are Barons.
- Both are undead.
- Both Baron Mordis and the Perenolde family live and have/had land holdings in the Alterac Mountains, the former kingdom of Alterac.
- Both were once part of Scourge. Although Mordis has recently become Forsaken.
- It is Forsaken naming practice to change one's last name to something that represents their malady and situation, or what they now live for("Blastlich", "Ghoulhunter", etc). The prefix "Mor" in Mordis means death. This would imply that he probably was not known as Mordis in life, although he now goes by that name.
So it would make sense if "Baron Valimar Perenolde" changed his name to become "Baron Valimar Mordis".Baggins 19:02, 3 January 2007 (EST)
- Hey, very interesting theory. I shall take another look at the manga when I get a chance (about a week), see if I notice anything else. -- 19:12, 3 January 2007 (EST)
Death knights aren't Undead. Also, it is unlikely that the random hero names are canon, and even if they where, they have probably been retconned out. Also, are we going to have an article for every random wc3 hero name?Saimdusan 05:03, 29 March 2007 (EDT)
- Stop moaning. Perenolde's got a page because he's a special case - he's got a link to a canon lore character. --Vorbis
Death knights may start out as alive (not necessarily though), but are slowly changed into Undead according to the RPG, its a process that takes time and caused by the soul stealing swords they are given, as well as mental corruption by the Lich King. Also in Warcraft 3, at least for mechanics, Death Knights were healed with spells such as Death Coil, like all undead.
Also I wouldn't make special pages for "random" hero names unless they make appearances in later sources such as the RPG, WoW, or have a locked down position in WC3/TFT for example, Conjurus Rex, Moogul the Sly , Akinos, Samuro, or have connections to special lore names, such as the case with Perenolde..Baggins 12:36, 14 May 2007 (EDT)