A lot of people get a serious kick out of Barrens Chat, to be fair.
Bit immaturely written IMO, especially the part of "do not talk about Chuck Norris". Salaskan 09:15, 23 August 2006 (EDT)
- I see you weren't in Barrens when the Chuck Norris craze hit WoW. --Mikk 05:24, 28 August 2006 (EDT)
Barrens chat is quite often rather entertaining and the bit quoted as typical Barrens chat isn't at all representative. Except for the bit about Chuck Norris; I'm sure I heard that one a few times xD -Berry2K
Chuck Norris Barrens Chat? Pfft. Newbies.--Grid 07:48, 18 December 2006 (EST)
About a week into the new Maiev US PvP realm - Barren's Chat is as bad as it will ever get. Bad Murloc jokes, Chuck Norris, 4chan references, and general spam abound. It is Barren's chat as Barren's chat should be: Awesome. -Praetorian- 01:09, 22 December 2006 (EST)
I've noticed on my own server (Gnomeregan US) that mentioning Chuck Norris in the Barrens gets you almost as many angry responses (in the vein of "shut up about CN") as other people adding in their own Chuck Norrisisms.Kraas 10:25, 27 March 2007 (EDT)
Bad cow puns Edit
I've never experienced this, and I've played Horde on two different servers. If this is a phenomenon restricted to a cetain server, I'm taking it down.--Zexx 05:54, 8 January 2007 (EST)
- Its mostly restricted to names these days, at least on my server. --Darth603 22:00, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- If it is mostly restricted to names, shouldn't bad cow puns be removed? Garm 11:50, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
In fact, Bad Cow Puns are very common on every server, and are not limited to Barrens Chat. These include, but are not limited to:
- "Tauren burnt down my barn again"-Referring to a cow kicking over an oil lantern.
- "Tauren gone dry"-Referring to a cow that is out of milk.
- "My other mount is a tauren"-...figure it out.
- "Mulgore hay"-Referring to the hay that cows eat in the Tauren starting area, Mulgore.
- "Keep your Red Linen Shirt out of The Barrens"-Referring to bulls getting angry at seeing the colour red.
Concerning Chuck Norris and Murlocs Edit
Barrens Chat is still horrifying/great. Edit
- The way I see it is that it's not as populated as much anymore due to people having better things to do, but there will always be a person who periodically says "I miss old barrens chat" and thats just throwing gas onto a a fire that was about to die out. Others have taken the liberty of transferring barrnes chat to the Trade Channel.TeeSon5 (talk) 12:02, November 24, 2009 (UTC)