when you look at what class Kael is, it says he's a Blood Mage, in parenthesis it says mage, warlock. Does that mean Blood Mage is a combination of the mage and warlock classes?
- Well not necessarily. He was a blood mage before he embraced fel magicks, so I would say no. However, he could be a warlock now, or integrate demonic magic into his repertoire. Pzychotix 02:12, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
Oh, so then does anyone know what the Blood Mages are like? Are they just Blood Elf mages or something else. Or are they a combination class. Maybe theyre like mages that use fire magic. Or is this just a class no one knows about. Mr.X8 18:12, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- I think these are a class of their own.-- 18:25, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- The article here describes them fairly well, and you can play them in WC3:TFT to get a feel for what they're all about. They use primarily fire magic such as Flame Strike, can siphon magical energies, and can summon phoenixes; they are also willing to tap into fel magics. They posses Verdant Spheres, floating artifacts that absorb portions of the souls of demons that the blood mage kills, strengthening their owner. The movements of the Verdant Spheres also reflect the mood of their owner. They presumably wear enchanted plate armor, and if Kael is any example, may also be adapt at using swords (though, in TFT, they simply use their Verdant Spheres as ranged projectiles). Suzaku 05:46, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
- Adam C Loyd, one of the WoW RPG developers, wrote them up as a Warlock-variant. Since it's still unpublished material that is, as of yet, unofficial, though. But I guess you won't find anything more official on this question than that. --Tulon 06:20, 31 October 2007
- Sadly, Adam Loyd may not actually work for White Wolf anymore, there was some kind of debacle, internet issues, and he lost his job, no clue if he got it back. He may be working somewhere else now.
- In anycase his opinion isn't anymore official than a fan's theory would be, unless it actually got published (Adam was also very careful to state something of that sort on his site, "All work here is done on my own time and should not be considered official."). Also alot of the material was on his site long before he became an employee of white wolf.
- In anycase, the RPG had Kael as a "wizard/fighter, warrior/mage" (dependent on which version of the game) in order to emulate the Blood Mage abilities. Basically, not a warlock, but connection through mage's elemental summoning (but warlock would be a good idea for an updated version). If blood mage was to be released who knows what it would be now, however, probably be a prestige class with ability to come out of several classes probably.
- We may never know, if white wolf is no longer making the game.Baggins 08:07, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- The Blood Mage article was done when he still worked for the company. Additionally, from what I've heard he just has no internet anymore atm, but he said he's back on work. Also, very, very much of the content on his page has actually made it into official sources (naturally, since he was an author of them), and as such he had an in-depth knowledge of lore we do not possess and was able to simply call Blizzard's CDT if he had any questions.
- That said: yes, it is nothing official - but it does have considerably more weight than anything written by a mere fan. I think it would be worthy to at least been put into the article as a speculation.
- I still hope that the line is not yet dead, but the utter silence from WW makes me worry a bit. --Tulon 05:00, 2 November 2007
unpublished developer fan conceptEdit
"Despite the moniker, Blood Magi are actually warlocks. The typical Blood Mage walks onto the field with an air of superiority, waving his hand and casting burning curses upon his enemies. While a Blood Mage still may summon demons to serve him, he is much more comfortable with summoning hellish flames, much like a hellcaller."
- Adam C. Loyd (WoW RPG dev) on Blood Mages on his unofficial fan website.
--Baggins 10:48, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
Blood Mages in World of WarcraftEdit
Assuming that the title "Bloodmage" indicates that one is a Blood Mage, I have added Lynnore and Drazial to the list of other Blood Mages. --Paulus 15:02, 26 December 2007 (UTC)