New Route talkEdit
Not really sure if this was brought up under a different area, but I'd like to hear people's opinions on where they think the boats are going to start at to head towards Northrend. I said Theramore, due to the amount of room they have there and only having one ship leave the place. M. Harbor uses both docks (another could be added though). Same with Auberdine. Coobra 04:30, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- ??? ↔ Valgarde, Howling Fjord
- ??? ↔ Justice Keep, Borean Tundra
- Valgarde, Howling Fjord ↔ Justice Keep, Borean Tundra
- I've moved the above to the talk page, as we really don't like speculation without a good basis in articles. Let's see what others think first :)
04:45, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thats fine, only placed them there, cause I noticed it was done with the zeps, lol Coobra 04:57, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
Does that blood elven ship in the area have a name? I don't recall. User:Coobra/Sig1 05:24, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
- Only night elven ships there iirc (which could be added). You might be thinking of the Eversong boats, below.
20:04, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
- You're right, I was thinking of Eversong. User:Coobra/Sig1 22:05, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
As far as I remember there are two ships here but have no name - I think one is docked and one is shipwrecked. Both could probably be added to the article as "unnamed" boats.20:02, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
- Last I looked I believe theres two sunken ships of elf design (not sure if highelf, or nightelf, have to recheck), and the docked one is bloodelven turned from highelven. I just couldn't remember if one of the quest givers in the area had called the ship by a name. User:Coobra/Sig1 22:08, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
- Do we really need every unnamed sunken ship? There are so many.-- 23:32, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
- We've only got three on there so far :( 23:39, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
- Thats what I was thinking, there are many ships out there with no names ... but like I said, we should just put it to a vote. In some cases it could be useful, like if someone wanted to know if the ship had a name would come to this topic and find it under unnamed, they then would know and not have to research it. User:Coobra/Sig1 01:45, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
Eek, don't say vote near me, I'll go crazy :P Sandwichman, I think many of the sunken ships are already named and listed.02:24, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
- I personally think this section is great as is (darktable list) —MJBurrage(T•C) 18:31, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
I would suggest putting shipwrecks under their related factions as well.Baggins 06:27, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- Since we seem to be getting specific on the factions of the ships, might as well... Just so long as they are marked as wrecked, sunken, etc. User:Coobra/Sig1 06:51, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- BTW, you may be able to categorize some of the unnamed ships by factions as well.Baggins 06:54, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- We could...but I'm not doing it LOL - User:Coobra/Sig1 07:07, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
With this page filling up quite nicely ... more than I thought actually ... perhaps we should switch to another way of doing it.
for example --> http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Coobra/sandbox Thoughts? User:Coobra/Sig1 08:14, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- There needs to be a focus on transport ship routes.-- 20:55, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- There already is, under the section "Ship routes". I didn't even want to put the ship route ships on the list of named ships, cause they were already mentioned. User:Coobra/Sig1 21:18, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- You do not have that section on the sandbox, it just says Active passenger ship.-- 21:21, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- Yea....forgot to label it as Named ships, lol. It did that in the middle of the night, and I only took parts of the page that I was going to play with. I just haven't got around to the unnamed ships ... User:Coobra/Sig1 21:25, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- I think we are talking about two different things.-- 21:27, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- Ok, I threw it back in my sandbox, but I really don't plan on doing anything with it, as it is only a small section...the ship routes that is. Think I might remove the passenger ships from the named ships list, I really don't think we need to have them there when they're already noted in ship routes. User:Coobra/Sig1 21:41, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
Nevermind, I've decided to leave the Named ships how they are, but I did change the unnamed ships. User:Coobra/Sig1 22:35, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
Why are we putting capitalized "The" on ships when its not actually part of their name?Baggins 09:19, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- Cause it looks better...and you should always begin a sentence/line with the first word capitalized. Plus some of the ships are actually called "The such and such" User:Coobra/Sig1 20:49, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
- Well actually, I was speaking more of the ones that are definitely listed with a lower case "the" in their original source, which would mean that "the" is not part of their title. Only capitalized bit would be the title. Also, I wouldn't call any of those listings "sentences" per se.Baggins 01:01, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
- In some cases "The" isn't capitalized, for example the RPG boats ('the' isn't aren't part of their official names), most of the boats in the game, have the capitalized the however.Baggins 18:34, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
There are many many rowboats across the lands, all of them, most likely will not have names. I think when it comes to adding ships to the list, they should be just that...ships, not dinghys. Otherwise, we'll have to make a new page for this, cause I could point out that at nearly every dock in the game, a rowboat or 2 (maybe even 4) will be sitting there next to it. User:Coobra/Sig2 17:53, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- There is already a rowboat page, but I don't think we really should list random rowboats on it either.Baggins 18:22, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- When I said make a new page for the rowboats, I wasn't refering to the page already in existence, cause I wouldn't want to clutter that page up either...The title of the section might be misleading however..."Unnamed Vessels" perhaps we should rename it to "Unnamed Ships" and remove the rowboats, that were added, from the lists. User:Coobra/Sig2 01:27, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
Hey, why did they remove the crew? It added such an atmosphere to the otherwise desolate vessels. Hope they re-implements it.
- The page says why. Look to where the line starts with As of Patch 2.3 . User:Coobra/Sig3 20:16, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
- I desperately want crews back. Hope they find a way to fix it. Blackhawk003 (talk) 01:20, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Boats in GameEdit
I've added a new segment about boats that actually appear in game. My goal with this segment is to increase general awareness of the actual mechanics and real-world sailing practicality of the ships in world of warcraft. Piroko (talk) 18:45, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Control your own boat? Edit
Is it possible to control your own boat like you do a mount? Or can they only sail to pre-chosen destinations like those taxi-birds? If you can control your own boat, what happens when you attempt to sail off the edge of the game map?
- Fatigue would probably prevent you sailing very far (as would happen water walking and running/riding across water). However, it's not possible to control a boat - they always have set paths. 10:54, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Types Appearing in World of Warcraft - Update Edit
In light of the new ships appearing in Northrend I'm going to begin updating my "Boat Types Appearing in WOW" section. Based on the game models it now appears that the transport ship is really more of a general hull type that can be modified. The pirates gain a ship which they refer to as a "Destroyer" which is the transport ship with a gun deck and a cannon on the bow forecastle; the forsaken also have a similar ship.
In this configuration, the pirate "Destroyer" is basically the battleship and it can be conjectured that the Alliance battleship (which shares the same full-rig configuration as the transport) was probably the same as what is now called the destroyer, except without pirate spikes and sails.
Now, this Destroyer design is not a geometric match for the transport... the sterncastle shows a second quarter galley.
So really it seems more likely now that the Alliance didn't stop making battleships... the transports can be battleships, they're just being outfitted as transports. Piroko (talk) 18:38, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Karnitol Shipwreck Edit
- It's interesting cause the same landing site is shared by the quests Quest:Claim Rackmore's Treasure! and Quest:The Karnitol Shipwreck... so either they were on the same ship the Gallant, or it's two different stories that just happen to come to the same place by coincidence... the quests never say what race Karnitol is right? Just that he's a male mage... Hmm... I think the high elven ship is too buried under the sand to be a "freshly" sunken ship. It's probably just an old ruined ship near old elf ruins. User:Coobra/Sig4 23:12, April 23, 2010 (UTC)