- As per the recent race names vote at WoWWiki talk:Writing policy#Race name case, the correct race name spelling is "troll" and not "Troll"
What, exactly, makes you think that Zandalar are Dark Trolls? --Potbasher 03:19, 27 April 2006 (EDT)
- They could be a Zandalar mutation; or perhaps the original 'proto-trolls' evolved into the Zandalar and the Dark Trolls respectively, though they seem to be each others' antithesis. -- Lex Blue
About this village Edit
If the Dark Troll village is called Shatterspears village it seems that frenchies found a way to it : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1651492659285845982
This is an organized community of RP-playing Trolls doing demonstrations and such in France and onthe official WoW website. The video lasts a while but it's worth it ^^ FLT FTW !!!--Kirochi 18:13, 28 April 2006 (EDT)
- The Shatterspears are Jungle Trolls, as is shown by the recent update to the troll compendium. --Mecheon 19:30, 28 June 2006 (EDT)
Debut of the Dark Trolls?Edit
I recently noticed in the model viewer that trolls now have an NPC skin that's dark purple- like Dark Trolls. Could this mean that the Dark trolls will FINALLY be in WoW? Omacron 03:46, 4 February 2007 (EST)
- Possibly, considering how they fought in the Battle of Mt Hjyal. --Blackmorsel
Dark trolls, they're in WoW! Edit
Surely someone should have noticed this before, but the troll members of the Dark Strand Cult are clearly dark trolls.--Mannerheim 06:16, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- No offense but how do you know they are dark trolls? It appears that the Shadowtooth may be the only clan.Baggins 22:53, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
2 reasons: They're in Ashenvale, which is the general region they come from, and their skin colour. As we can see in Blackrock Mountain, trolls dont change skin colour if they're demon worshipers, so these must be Dark Trolls.
- I went and checked. They are the same color as jungle trolls (I.E a common color choice in the jungle troll character select screen). Considering how common the race is in the game, and how common races become members of the Shadow Council spin off cults, its more likely they are jungle trolls.
- Discussion of possible color changes is irrelevent, considering that troll races already come in all sorts of colors in the games already. So speculation such as "trolls don't change skin color" is a bit misleading, and red herring. Dark trolls actually came in a wide range of colors, including red, blue, purple, and green. Whereas in lore they are said to come in grey, black, "charcoal". The only colored dark trolls in warcraft III appear to be trolls with grey to black war paint on. So far there hasn't been any trolls with grey to black coloring in the MMO.
- Whereas, the jungle trolls in the game come in a variety of shades, including blue, green, purple, etc.Baggins 00:29, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
- Additionally Dark Strand cult appears to be Horde breakoff cult according to Lands of Mystery with orcs, Forsaken, etc. Essentially any Horde race. Yes I know the elves appear to be high elves (blue eyes), but perhaps there are rare blue eyed blood elves?Baggins 10:26, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
"Dark Trolls, the Masters of the Night" If anyone is masters of the night it would be Night Elves, so would anyone mind if i changed it to something like "Dark Trolls, The Hunters of the Night"? -Rovdyr 13:34, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
Apparently not.. -Rovdyr 21:53, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
Why has it been changed to just "Dark Trolls"? -Rovdyr 12:03, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- Its believed to be a silly fictious title. User:Coobra/Sig2 18:04, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- I.E. fan made title, of pure speculation. They don't have titles in the lore. Its a bit different than say the Darkspear trolls, which have had the title "Island Trolls" according to a mission objective.--Baggins 18:08, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- Yea, what Baggins said...I could say I'm Coobra, Lord of the Night, But I couldn't put that in the official pages. User:Coobra/Sig2 18:25, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- Shall we just leave the titles to the ones who actually have them, and remove all the rest? ---- Vorbis Talk Contribs 20:35, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- Ya, and titles should be under the titles section, not on the name section.Baggins 10:25, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Dark trolls and Dark elvesEdit
I think the Dark Elves are the Dark Trolls. Since information about both is scarce. Also, Dark Elves were said to be short lived, while Dark Trolls believe in cannibalism and sacrificing; could be why. These may be the trolls that became the night elves. Also trolls and elves have similar traits. These trolls could've been confused with elves. Mykael Mourningsun
Dark forest trollsEdit
I've never seen dark trolls referred to as dark forest trolls in my recollection and the citation to the snippet that makes that claim seems to link to nothing. I suggest either remove this from the article or fix the citation. Nephalim (talk) 00:22, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- I fixed the citation by adding the reference list and also I cited correctly, there is a building named Dark Forest Troll Hut. Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 00:44, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
In-game dark trollsEdit
I highly doubt that Jun'ik and Darktusk are dark trolls. They both clearly have the bluish skin of jungle trolls (as opposed to the rich purple of dark trolls), and Darktusk even states that he is Darkspear! 12:52, January 12, 2010 (UTC)