Why doesn't the Druid abilities page have the spells by level like other ability bages. --Smitty the smith 09:54, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
- Probably because that's a pointless way to categorize them, since the level of the spell (along with all other information) can be found simply by clicking on the link. Why don't the other ability bages have the spells by catagory/tree, like the Druid abilities page? --Cowlinator (talk)
- I've added the minimum levels, having to load and skim through dozens of pages is inconvenient, and some pages such as Enrage and Swipe (Cat) don't even mention the minimum level. By the way, the current order doesn't seem to make sense. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 10:26, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be changing this page over to fit the other skills pages as soon as I have the full thing ready. There are only several reasons for organizing it this way, and each can be countered quite easily:
- 1. If certain spells were only castable in a certain form. This is certainly true for Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, and Cat Form. However, the issue limits itself to these three forms. A simple (B) and (C) will be able to relay, with a note at the top of the page, that these skills are only usable in Bear/Dire Bear and Cat Form respectively.
- 2. If druids were forced to special into one and only one of these skill subsets. The only thing they can learn specially are the talent skill points, and on every other abilities page, those are given a separate section for this very reason.
- 3. The page in general is not helpful to a newbie. I'd hope that an explanation isn't necessary.
- If we wish to discuss how Druids need to spec into one certain role (an issue which really only arises as the druid enters content past vanilla WoW), that can be worked into a separate page somehow. As it stands, we are a wiki and people come here for easily accesible information. This page, in its current form, does not accomplish that; it also does not flow well with the other nine ability pages contained on WoWWiki, including those of other hybrid classes.
- I'll most likely roll out a more user-friendly version of this page without waiting for any further discussion here, considering the little discussion we have at all (implying very few people look here), and the time it has taken for the one main dissenter (Cowlinator) to reply. CBD162 (talk) 03:08, 31 March 2009 (UTC)