Four names for one cat?
Aren't cougars, pumas, mountain lions, and panthers just different names for the same cat? I know panthers have a different color, but Puma has a red link and the Cougar and Mountain Lion share the same image on their pages. Rolandius (talk - contr) 03:18, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Replace "same cat" with "same model" and you may be on to something. 03:27, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, but it is entirely normal to reuse models, and it has little bearing on the links between the species. 03:45, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- I see his point though. The names are variant depending on region. Perhaps a merge would be sensible, but I am not sure. 04:05, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Panthers, Mountain Lions, Cougars, are seperate mobs in World of Warcraft. The rpg has them all seperated as well IIRC
- Point of note, while cougars and pumas are the same animal. Panthers can refer to several different animals including cougars, leopards or jaguars which are each separate types of cats (under two seperate genera). Panther can also refer to the genus Panthera (lions, tigers, oh my). Cougars are of the genus "Puma". Pumas also include the Puma yagouaroundi, the jaguarundi.
- What does IIRC mean?
- Well I was just going by  which at the top of the page lists all four names as also known as. Remember also known as means equal you told me. Although it isn't a lore source, when you have two or more cats on wowwiki sharing the same image, it does support that source. Rolandius (talk - contr) 08:47, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- If I Recall Correctly...
- Let me warn you, Wowwiki is not wikipedia, and wikipedia is not a valid source for warcraft information. That may be how it is in the real world, but doesn't necessarily apply to the Warcraft Universe.
- Also if you want to learn more you might look through the puma, panther and cougar disambiguation pages on Wikipedia for alternate definitions for those terms. Panther certainly refers more to than just mountain lions. Puma can refer to more than just mountain lions as well. Just remember that they have no baring on warcraft universe.Baggins (talk) 08:54, 1 August 2008 (UTC)