(Please sign comments)
The White Horseman
Eh As far as i know the Riders of the Apocalypse are War, Famine, Death adn PLAQUE. This suposed "White rider of conquest" have i never hear dof. Can anyone breief this and change if needed? (unsigned comment by User:Tattaren
- I've added a citation link to the Wikipedia article linked JUST above the rider descriptions. The Riders are actually described in the book of Revelations, not named. The white rider is described as such (Rev. 6:1-8 NIV):
"I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, 'Come!' I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest"
- This is where the terminology "White Rider of Conquest" comes from. 16:25, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
It is a common misconception that Pestilence is one of the Horsemen instead of Conquest. According to the Wikipedia article, it may stem as far as from the middle ages, with the Black Death and all that. Xavius, the Satyr Lord (talk) 17:47, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
Top 5 Kills & Kill Details
First World Kill: Death and Taxes - Korgath
First US Kill: Death and Taxes - Korgath
First EU Kill: Nihilum - Magtheridon
First Asia Kill: 星辰(Stars) - 洛萨(Lothar) (only kill in Patch 1.11)
- (8/25/06) - Death and Taxes - Korgath (US) http://dtguild.com
- (8/28/06) - Nihilum - Magtheridon (EU) http://www.nihilum.co.uk/news/
- (8/30/06) - Deus Vox - Laughing Skull(US) http://www.deusvox.org/
- (8/31/06) - 星辰(Stars) - 洛萨(Lothar)(CN) - http://guild.starshorde.16t.cn/
- (8/31/06) - Risen - Alleria(US) - http://www.risen-guild.com/
To whoever is in charge o this article: you need to actually do research before you post about world first kills. nihilium killed the 4horsemen 3 days later than dnt, however you have them registered as the world first kill. if you look at the table of first kills you posted, you can clerely see that they in fact, killed them after dnt. please fix this, its a blatent error that shouldn't have been there in the first place [erzhus]
- Can you provide any citation that we can use to verify this information? 16:25, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- The article is about WotLK encounter, though. That's probably why I didn't see the date of each kill :pKerfax of Darkspear (talk) 08:31, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Do the marks stack between riders
Does anyone know whether the Horsemen marks stack with each other? E.g. if you have 3 Marks of Mograine and 2 Marks of Blameux, do you take 1000 + 250 = 1250 damage per tick? - Durbathuluk
Yes, you example is correct. hzhao
- wrong, the marks do not stack. have you even seen the four horsemen? [erzhus]
- Try to be more helpful, if you're suggesting they don't stack then explain how it works. The article is vague. If you have three marks of Mograine, and receive a Mark of Blameux, does the Mark of Blameux remove the mark of Mograine? Or do you need to wait for the mark of Mograine to fall off before moving to the next group? 16:35, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
Death and Taxes has released a sapphiron attempt video where they flash their 4horsemen strategy which included a picture or 2 and an excel spreadsheet. Should that be added to the Four Horsemen page? tholex
Will try to do that tonight. hzhao
No need to update the pictures and spreadsheet, those are really ideal situation and everyone can find out based on the abilities, one picture is rotate 3 groups between 2 deathknights. and the other spreadsheet is rotation 6 group between 4 death knights. I think they used 3 FR group rotate between 2 FR horsemen and 3 minimum tank groups rotate bewteen Lady B. and Sir Z. That is what they did in their first kill. hzhao
Does anyone from a killing guild have a strategy to add here? Stillfresh 19:09, 14 June 2007 (UTC)
- It seems like the biggest obstacle to providing a straight up strategy to this fight is due to the following:
- Rotations will depend on specific group make up and resist sets available.
- The mechanics for the Marks need to be clarified as indicated in the 'marks' discussion
- With Burning Crusade out, there is not much focus on addressing the horseman in the context of a level 60 40man raid.
- With the inclusion of Naxx as a 25man raid in the upcoming expansion, I'm sure more informative changes will be made.
- 16:35, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
These posts are all from early 2008, so I'm not sure how updated the Four Horsemen fight is. Has anyone talked about a strategy a lot of guilds are using now for both 10 and 25 man strategy that involves stacking DPS on Thane and knocking him out quickly, even if debuff stacks to 4? This strategy is even more common in 25 man than it is in 10 man, but works equally well in both. Also, I didn't see any comments about the "back" of four horsemen being equally if not more important to the entire raid's success. There is posting that there will be "healing and tanking" occuring in the back, but I think there should be comments that this is more vital to defeating Four Horsemen than the front. If the people in the back die, its a wipe (basically what I'm trying to say).
Finally, has anyone thought about posting an achievement strategy? I know a lot of people are now moving into Achievement content, it might be a valuable addition to the Four Horsemen section.
Just wanted to post some comments on this section. I'd be willing to write up a DPS Stacking strategy if people think its a good idea. -ZenidineProtection (3/2/09 2:25 EST)
Health on all bosses appears to have dropped
Or Wowhead simply read it wrong - according to the info I saw there, all of these bosses had a combined health of only 1,700,000, not 3.2 mil like originally said. Just wanted to point that out. --Joshmaul 22:23, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Baron Rivendare replacing Mograine in WotLK?
Looks to be likely, I was personally hoping for a resurrected Taelan Fordring. Oh well, you can't always get what you want.
Suggestion: Seperate Article for New Encounter
I've noticed some editing of this article, overwriting information from the original version of the encounter. And, right now, there's a mixture of information from the old 40-man version and the new version, which isn't a good idea (especially since people are still doing the 40-man version on Live). I'd suggest seperating into at least two different articles, with one being for the original encounter, IE Four Horsemen (original), while this is reserved for the new version, and can either be split with information from both the 10 and 25 man versions (like Heroic bosses), or further split into two seperate articles, if need be. WoWWiki-Suzaku (talk) 00:45, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- So was Dragola. Nah, it is pointless now that he nuked the other pre-WotLK tactics pages.-- 01:07, 8 September 2008 (UTC)