This should be looked over, server emulation does not make a fact that there are vendors on the island in the live servers and others... --Azbulldog 06:12, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
NPC's on the IslandEdit
Looking at the 'Lore' Section it states there only 2 NPC's on the whole island, thats not the case, theres aleast... 20 there, or more. they sell all the Epic and powerfull Weapons in the game. aswell as all the diffrent Armor teirs and such. --KingStoph 16:49, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
I re-added the info about "the chair" or the white tiled prison chamber again since it is factual information. The room is really there. It cannot be visited unless ported there by a GM, but when using WoWMapviewer (not an exploit!) it can be seen. I will post a screenshot of this as soon as I can, just need to make a decent one. Aleandar 12:27, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- You cannot add content created by using Map Viewer, per WW:DNP. It may be a bit in the gray area whether or not the prison of GM Island is "released content" or not. --Pcj (T•C) 13:32, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- WoWMapViewer does not "create" content as such, it displays content created by Blizzard. Since this article is about closed zones, it's in the grey zone either way. I just see these things as fun facts that don't hurt anyone when shown/talked about. As you can see I added a picture of the room. GM Prison is released, and if it's really a problem, then lets pretend I got suspended in game and made the screenshot that way ^^ But if it's really that big a problem, please delete it. I'd be disappointed though... Aleandar 13:59, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- The fact that WoWMapViewer doesn't create content has nothing to do with whether stuff from it violates our policy. It violates our policy if it cannot be seen with normal game mechanisms (aka with an exploit or, you guessed it, WoWMapViewer). Stuff you could see in game that is recreated via WoWMapViewer to more easily isolate it or for saving time from making a bunch of screenshots and tediously cutting out what you want to show is okay. How you see things does not change the policy or how we should enforce it.
- All that being said, stuff on talk pages is more lightly enforced, since it doesn't represent canon and is not as directly tied to WoWWiki administration. I defer to Kirkburn's judgement below. -- (talk · contr) 12:12 PM PST 5 Jun 2008
- This is the picture i wanted to post on the page. After a talk with Kirkburn it's been decided to keep the picture away from the article, but let it stay on here. Ppl who are interested will no doubt find their way ;) Aleandar 14:01, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- Also edited a part about the "almost impossible to reach" bit. Make no mistake: GM Island cannot be reached without exploiting. It simply is not possible. The entire island is surrounded by unmapped space. Withing the game client, this space cannot be traversed. Aleandar 12:36, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- Personally, I don't mind the image - but it is against policy to have it on the articles. Can stay on here though :) 16:40, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hey guys, I've never edited Wiki before so, sorry if I mess anything up, but I'm here to give an update on the prison chamber. As of the current patch, 3.0.3, the chair is back. I've seen it on live WoW. I can provide a screenshot if necessary, but I've no idea how to add 'em :P Telíko (talk) 22:45, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Location of GM-Island Edit
"It is located to the far northwest of Teldrassil, surrounded my unmapped space between itself and the main continent, making it completely impossible - countrary to popular belief - to reach without exploiting."
This is a false statement. While it is true that it can in fact never be reached on a Blizzard server, at least without illegal client modification, it is not true that it is located northwest of Teldrassil. It used to be there for a certain period of time but they removed it because too many people were able to get there by exploit.
As of now, GM-Island is instanced and on a different mapfile (Map-ID #169), so you cannot tell if it's north/south/east/west of whatever, since it isn't on the "Kalimdor" mapfile (Map-ID #000) anymore. (Another example: In game-mechanic terms it would in fact even be false to claim that Eastern Kingdoms (Map-ID #001) are east of Kalimdor, since they are on different mapfiles. But that's the way it is displayed on the ingame map and the way it is described in lore.)
The mapfile, which contains GM-Island is in fact the same which contains the unreleased Emerald Dream content, including, among others, zones like the Verdant Fields. Privatekey 22:19, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- I have fully explored map 169 and trust me, GM Island is not there. If it is, please give me the location coords (X Y and Z please :P). The island is, and this I did check with MapViewer aswell, still very much located on the Kalimdor map (which is map 1 if I'm not mistaken). It's located northwest of Teldrassil with a huge gap of unmapped space in between. Aleandar 08:29, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- I reverted your change since I dare you to prove your claim. I can and will do with mine if deemed nescessary. Aleandar 08:32, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- OK, you're right. I thought it was an instance since a client-side coordinates addon tells me that I'm inside an instanced area while I'm on GM Island. However, my server-side database shows the entry "[16222.6] [16265.9] [13.2085]  " (in Format: [X] [Y] [Z] [Angle] [Map]) for a teleporter to GM Island. As I looked up, MapID 1 is indeed Kalimdor while 0 is Eastern Kingdoms. That's another thing where I was mistaken. I expected it to be the other way round. But why are the X/Y coordinates rather huge and positive? I'd expect coordinates to become more positive from west to east and from north to south (and Z axis becoming more positive from down to up while having the sea level at 0). That's at least the way I would do it if I had to design a game engine. ;-) Provided that's also the way the Warcraft engine works the coordinates of GM Island actually don't look very much like "northwest of Tel'Drassil". However I might just be wrong about the way the Warcraft engine processes coordinates. Privatekey 16:09, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, the XYZ coords to navigate to GM Island are bizarre, but then again the XYZ coords don't work the same way as your traditional 0-100 addon-coordinates. Aleandar 09:14, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- Quite another issue: Does somebody know why the minimap shows a lot of crap while on GM-Island? Privatekey 16:09, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- I presume a correct minimap was never created since you're not supposed to be on GM Island :P If however you see a giant white blob on your minimap, then you're above the white-tiled prison room. ^^ Aleandar 09:14, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- About the citation, its in the link Gm Recruitment.--Gurluas 05:11, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Tired of this..... Edit
Why is everybody saying there are weapon and tier vendors??? Those are on private servers....ones that have NOTHING to do with blizzard, people made those custom vendors.
I've model edited stuff and got there..the gms stand in one spot on every server at the same time and only like 1/30th have [gamemaster _____] clothes on them and also there are 0 npcs...if you die you go to westfall if you go in the house and under the isle there is no wine vendor—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Timmyvacc (talk · contr).
- Thanks for the info!-- 22:30, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- you cant get under the isle by going inside the house --KingStoph 13:35, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
- You can there is a cellar, and its true, retail gm island is empty.
- Oh LOL! guess i missed it then XD, got a screenshot? is it at the back or something? --KingStoph 11:48, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, it is against WoWWiki Policy to show screenshots of objects / places that are out of bound for regular players of WoW.AMBER(RΘCK) 19:55, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yet there are screenshots of the GM Island already, and the Ashbringer, and nodoubt some other things--KingStoph 19:00, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
Sort of Wrong... Edit
Hello, I am currently on Illidan (US) and have exploited to gain access to GM Island. I have dozen of screenshots and even some video clips, and I will release them if wanted. Currently, I am on the Island and have reported myself waiting for a GM response. I have found the following things wrong with this article: "In earlier versions, this room used to contain one single chair, but this one seems no longer present in the current version (2.3). " This is Completely Wrong! I can see it using a model edit to get into the room. "Against popular belief, there is very little on the island. A single mailbox, a graveyard with two spirit healers, and a building. " I dont see any mailboxes at all, and I only see 1 spirit healer, but I may be missing something, who knows. Also, there are some chairs placed around but that is it. Anything else mentioned is just a private server thing. CyberXZT (talk) 08:51, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- The building is in the picture.-- 21:45, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
I saw a Youtube video today that showed a lvl 1 night elf female priest walking there & healing through fatigue. at the end she said she got there & got suspended for 3 days by a real GM named "Pwifar". She jumped a long way down into deep water the screen looked weird. Hallowseve15 (talk)Hallowseve
- You can't get there by swimming/fatigue healing, because the Island is physically cutted off from Kalimdor. (i.e should you reach the border of Kalimdor-surrounding Sea, you could not get any futher by swimming (yes the world is flat!! xD).)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 18:59, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Zarhym gave some information about the GM island here LINK it'd be a good addition to the article, but I'm not 100% sure on using a direct quote of his post or to reword it slightly.--Saphiredragon89 (talk) 19:50, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
Let Me Get This Straight Edit
It is off the map but it is still north west of teldrassil its about the length of the continent from the map! It is possible to get there and contrary to popular belief there are no NO vendors there and no npcs the only reason they might be there is private server addition or some gm added them then deleted them ok? and I it is not instanced on another map: you can go there without getting the instance bug and when you view the map it says its part of azeroth unlike emerald dream etc that arent in outlands or azeroth. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 991woot119 (talk · contr).
- GM Island is unreachable for non-GM/Admin, it is physically cut from the rest of Kalimdor: only a grand emptiness around it.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 20:33, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
Umm look at arrrdolf and maruluexploits youtube channels they dont hack you can get there through the dungeon finder tool (arrrdolf's youtube videos) and hes on a live server I made a trial account and their guild is real theres tons of people on it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 991woot119 (talk · contr).
Protected Article Edit
|This is a protected page!|
Due to excessive vandalism, further edits will need to be discussed on this discussion page. User:Coobra/Sig4 19:47, July 13, 2010 (UTC)