Does he have a surname?--Ragestorm, Head Bookkeeper 20:08, 27 December 2006 (EST)
- Not any more than Lady Liadrin so far as we know. Since she's not listed as 'Liadrin', Rommath could be moved to 'Grand Magister Rommath'. Yeah, he's a lore character, but not nearly on par with Thrall, Arthas, Uther or Jaina. I think the article would look better with his full NPC title. --User:Varghedin/Sig 19:42, 19 January 2007 (EST)
What does he think of Kael's betrayal? Edit
The game hypes up who Rommath will choose to side with(his people or his leader), but he seems to be still ignorant of Kael'thas siding with the burning legion Zarnks 00:55, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- Personally, I think he wouldn't care- he strikes me as too power-hungry; note that he wasn't trusted with Anveena's identity. -- (talk · contr) 00:13, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, I think he has been tasked with actively preparing the Blood Elves on Azeroth with accepting their new role as allies of the Burning Legion. Surely he would not further promote the usage of demonic magic and fel corruption as well as the oppression of critics against the current path of the regime if he would not be on his side. Keep in mind that the Magisters (which are operating under Rommaths command) seem to be an important part of Silvermoon's secret police. Maybe the article should be edited to display these facts. Personally, I think that the three leaders of the current Blood Elf government also have three different alignments, with Rommath being the evil one and Halduron Brightwing being his good counterpart, both trying to get the neutral Lor'themar Theron on their side. --Tulon 22:55, 7 September 2007
If blizz said :'it remains to be seen if his love for his people is greater then his loyalty for his prince'(something like that)then probably he still is a patriot and probably isn't that much of an ass-hole as most think.....or i think he isn't at least.Although i agree Halduron is nobler then him(even Lor'themar is probably a better person) being trusted to be Ranger-General(Marakanis)
Does he do anything? Edit
Does Rommath currently give any quests? Finish any quests? Say anything at any time in game? So far both he and Halduron seem to be standing there and doing nothing. I'd love to see them argue. Meneldir
So far, he does nothing. Just stands there chatting with Halduron and Lor'themar. Hopefully he'll do something in 2.4. Maybe we'll present him with Kael's severed head so we get to see the greedy Elf cry. I have a cruel imagination like that. Zentyr 09:09, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
I would like him seen in Northrend, leading the Blood Elves in the battle against the Scourge. As a Grand Magister he also would be a good choice as a main quest giver in Dalaran. At least I wish some Blood Elvish activities in Northrend. Don't forget: It was the Scourge which destroyed their home... Cyrdaz 10:55, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
He literally does nothing in combat as well, he has no abilities or spells. Some 'Grand Magister', he can be pulled without agroing Lor'themar or Halduron, if I ever decide to play alliance I vow to organize a raid for the soul goal of killing Rommath just so I can stand over his corpse and say "You are the weakest link, goodbye." --Saphiredragon89 (talk) 02:40, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Grand Magisters' Asylum Edit
Just thought I'd mention that Kael'thas Sunstrider's location in the Magisters' Terrace is called the Grand Magister's Asylum. Not implying neccesarily that he's still in league with Kael, as it would stand that the Magisters' Terrace would have a place for their leader, but it's certainly notable as one of the few referances to the position of Grand Magister in the game. The only other that I'm aware of would be the Grand Magister's Staff of Torrents, which drops from Felmyst in the Sunwell Plateau.
Past and present major Warcraft Universe character? Edit
I've just seen that Halduron Brightwing is classified as one of the "Past and prensent major Warcraft Universe characters" of the horde. So I think if the Ranger General of the Blood Elves got a place in this group Rommath also would deserve such a classification. Don't you think? Cyrdaz 09:55, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- I would disagree on the grounds that Rommath only appears in WoW, whereas Brightwing is prominent in the Sunwell manga and appears in ToD. On the other hand, these appearances mostly back up his presence behind Lor'Themar, so there is a case for removing Brightwing from the list (the entire template is under review, feel free to join the discussion at Template_talk:Main_characters#Overhaul. -- (talk · contr) 13:23, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
I don't think that we can call his hair style unique, if you look closely at it, the way it abruptly starts and has no real dimensions to it is more like he were wearing a helmet instead of his mask.--Saphiredragon89 (talk) 00:13, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- I noticed today his model is bugged...he has no ears now--Saphiredragon89 (talk) 03:19, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Shouldn't the start of the article start with something like "he ultimately remained loyal to Silvermoon City when Kael'thas and his felblood elves attacked" instead of "fiercely loyal servant of Kael'thas" times change...
the "Prince's request" should be cited?
The citation from the wow website that "He is unaware of the true nature of the human woman Anveena." seems to be broken, anyone able to find it again? TherasTaneel (talk) 21:25, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
That so-called proof that ArbiterX122591 linked just looks like datamined voice quotes slapped together with a couple of screenshots together to form a vid.... but tired of removing info that seems to not have any clearly marked evidence by use of quest or whatever and since it's to be true anyway. User:Coobra/Sig4 07:41, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
They may have scrapped the idea of him and Benedictus switching sides to be honest, there's a minor cultist uncovery for both Alliance and Horde in the pre-quests for the Twilight Highlands, ending with one of Garrosh's advisors and one of Wrynn's soldiers/men attempting to take down their respective leader, pretty much fufilling what this storyline would have meant. Rommath and Benedictus have both not been touched upon at all, in the incoming launch event or the actual beta.
Assuming it's beta and anything can change, like the Alliance intro to the TH which was pretty much redone (or at least, altered dramatically) compared to the datamined sound files, which painted a totally different picture... they may have just reconsidered having these characters go down that dubious road. At the very least, I've seen or heard nothing about it so far. All hail the Sin'dorei. (talk)