He tells the truth! I tried his amulet that he said would make me regain health when I was eating, and it worked! --Azaram 04:21, 13 March 2007 (EDT)
Removed the "rumor" part. Is it really nessecary to let us know people have fallen for the scam? --Swich 12:04, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
Do we really need to question how useless the items from a vendor named "Griftah" are in Lower City? I mean his name is Griftah, say it out loud and you should realize its a scam.
Aww... He was exiled? I'm going to miss him.--21:36, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
I'm gonna miss him too, partly because I found a screenshot on thottbot of the draenei guard who watches him saying something like "I've never heard of any 'tikbalangs' and..." Unless that guard is following him around in the forest, it won't be the same. They could've just had another NPC warn us that the amulets were useless instead of removing him entirely, because those descriptions are funny!--Illidan Rocks 00:36, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
The amulet that protects you from critters can be tested since some critters in instances attack you if you do a none damage spell or attack on them. Anyone tested this? If it works it will prove that atleast one of his wards work. (Keilden 10:19, 25 September 2007 (UTC))
- Heehee! I'll have to try this now... Actually, any critter will attack you, if you do something like a druid's Demoralizing Roar close to them. Or a low damage spell that doesn't kill them, like rank 1 moonfire (although the dot usually will)...
- I agree, though... going to miss Griftah. --Azaram 03:59, 1 October 2007 (UTC)
i must not have 2.2 Edit
Cuz the conman is still right thereScorpx3 03:07, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
Huh, strange, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. I'll head to Shatt after I log on and check on him. Maybe they put him back due to demand.--Illidan Rocks 00:36, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- That's because 2.2 isn't released yet ... 11:49, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- Aw man, really? That sucks. People visiting Shattrath for the first time are gonna miss out on those amusing conversations. Anyway, sorry for editing the exile part without knowing the situation, Kirkburn.--Illidan Rocks 08:19, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, he's been exiled now... CSI: Shattrath is examining his tent. --Azaram 02:32, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
Foul Play? Edit
In patch 2.3, Peacekeeper Jadaar and his colleague, Investigator Asric are bickering at the back room of the lower city inn. Griftah is back in town, what the heck happened? They have three sets of dialogue that shed some light on this...
Jadaar: "I must have taken leave of my senses, allowing a scryer to aid in such a delicate operation..." Asric: "My services were rendered. The protection of the city is not my jurisdiction. I believe that is why they all you 'peacekeepers'?" Jadaar: "Had we been fully handling the investigation, I assure you, the evidence would have remained safe. Instead, we used your highly questionable methods..." Asric: "Of course. My methods are questionable. It was my methodology, I'll npote, that exposed that 'Griftah' as a fraud in the first place! You had only to keep the peace, and you failed in that simple task!" Jadaar: "[Draenei] Ashjkamas nagasraka zekul" (what does he really say here?) Asric: "[Thalassian] Pompous, uptight windbag"
Jadaar: "How could you have lost the evidence!?" Asric: "I thought it was secure! If your peacekeepers had the clout to control the thieves of this city, this wouldn't have happened!" Jadaar: "You blame the peacekeepers for your failure? You were entrusted with a simple task. The troll was obviously a fraud!" Asric: "And you're entrusted with keeping the city safe! How am I supposed to perform my 'simple task' if the streets are thick with lowlifes? I can't spit in Shattrath without hitting some grubbly burglar." Asric: "... not that I would spit, of course." Jadaar: I was trying to oust one of those lowlifes you so loathe permanently. Next time, I'll be certain to specify that I require a competent investigator!" Asric: "[Thalassian] Do you EVER cease prattling?"
Asric: "[Thalassian] That man didn't pay me enough to put up with this blowhard..." Jadaar: "What was that?" Asric: "Oh, nothing. Merely thinking aloud."
Question is, did Griftah pay off Asric, or is asric just talking about his scryer boss?
- I think Griftah paid Asric... he probably would have said something like 'I'm not paid enough' if he meant his normal pay... I'm glad Griftah's back. I missed him... --Azaram 07:08, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
- Nah, Asric is most definitely referring to the man that hired him to work with Jadaar. User:Coobra/Sig1 04:48, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
- Since you asked and nobody replied to this yet: I am told (don't have a draenei character at Outland level yet) what Jadaar says in Draenei is "incompetent, sniveling dandy". Quite amusing actually. ;) Hikage 19:07, 15 January 2008 (UTC)